Author Topic: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed/Stubhub-bought tickets... What  (Read 11654 times)

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
Re: Stubhub-bought tickets... What do we do?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 11:23:17 AM »
same boat here, i think mine were through "tickets now"

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
same boat here, i think mine were through "tickets now"

I believe "Tickets Now" is part of/ a division of TM. 

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »
The email from TM this morning said:
"Don’t worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date."

However, if a show is officially canceled, and not postponed, then yeah, I'd contact those ticket buying sites. Don't they have some sort of garantee?

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
All my incredibly depressing emails from Ticketmaster advised what Hawkmoon2e said.  Tickets are good for next year's reschedules.  Unfortunately my plane tickets aren't.

All the US Airlines are going to make a ton of money on our misfortune... jerks.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
All my incredibly depressing emails from Ticketmaster advised what Hawkmoon2e said.  Tickets are good for next year's reschedules.  Unfortunately my plane tickets aren't.

All the US Airlines are going to make a ton of money on our misfortune... jerks.

Hopefully you can cancel and rebook them for next year, which is often the case ( 1 year)  unless they were specific terms in the ticket purchase stating otherwise. Check the fine print and good luck EF ( and all)!   

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
Re: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
I am a bit nervous as the temporary site they use in Montreal was supposed to be demolished and used for real estate after both concerts.  I hope they had a good contract so they can reschedule in 2011.

Same thing with me for Miami and Anaheim.  How are they going to get MLB to build their schedule around U2 all over again?

It's easy in that regard.  I'm not sure about Miami, but in Anaheim, the city, NOT THE TEAM owns the stadium.  When MLB goes to plan their schedule for the 2011 season, I'm guessing that they will have to work around U2.

The city isn't going lose out on the revenue that a U2 show is going to bring in.  They don't have the best relationship with Arte Moreno (the owner of the Angels) so I seriously doubt they'll take what he thinks into consideration.

I see another long road trip for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim next baseball season.

Offline tsakhuja [Desert Sky]

• Wanderer
I hope the new dates work out for all of us.  I go to college on the East Coast but live on the West Coast, so the summer dates worked out perfectly for me because I am home this summer.  I guess I'll have to make next year's summer plans around U2 – if U2 are coming to Oakland during June again, I'll be home for sure.  I don't know what I'll do if they reschedule in spring or fall, as getting to a concert is not nearly as convenient when I'm at school.  I guess this is something we'll all have to deal with, hoping that the rescheduled dates work for us.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
for tickets now, check here regarding policies You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
points #11-16 deal w our situation
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:24:15 PM by jabw10 »

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com

Hopefully you can cancel and rebook them for next year, which is often the case ( 1 year)  unless they were specific terms in the ticket purchase stating otherwise. Check the fine print and good luck EF ( and all)!   

Yeah, one year from when I BOUGHT the ticket.  It's never from the date of travel which is ridiculous.  So unless they play in January, then I'm out of luck.  So basically I'm screwed.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
My plan of action is to thank God that Bono won't be permanently paralyzed, that there will still be a U2 and that I will get to see them next year.

I got an email from TicketMaster saying that my tickets would still be good for whenever they reschedule the show so I'll just rebook a hotel when they figure out when that will be.

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise

Yeah, one year from when I BOUGHT the ticket.  It's never from the date of travel which is ridiculous.  So unless they play in January, then I'm out of luck.  So basically I'm screwed.
I really feel for you EF. I've just been checking the Ts & Cs of my tickets to Moscow and Portugal, just in case of further postponements. Moscow can't be changed or refunded at all, Portugal can be changed, but at a cost and I suspect with the same within a year of buying it restriction as yours.   

mariamontreal

Most all ticket vendors have a cancellation clause if the event is cancelled as a result of injury, weather etc. you will be refunded , don't worry. Wait and see what the new scheduled dates are and you will have the choice of rescheduling or refund .

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy

I'm one of the lucky ones, with tickets for 2 gigs in Europe in September & October(Seville & Coimbra),these gigs look like they will go ahead as planned. However, I said to myself a few days ago that in the event of the gigs being postponed, I would go on the trip anyway. Flights are booked and paid for in full, so no come back there. Seville is an incredible city, I was there a few years back, and I have never been to Coimbra(Portugal).

So what I am saying is, maybe taking those flights anyway might be an option.

If not, then:
Travel Insurance mights also be an option if you have suitable cover. There might be a possibility of a refund on your credit card. I don't know if this is the case, but it's certainly worth checking it out.  Maybe do a name change on the flight tickets, and leave someone else go on the trip, therefore not wasting them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:36:27 PM by Falling At Your Feet »

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
^ I agree.

Very often there are ways of getting your money back, it just takes work and getting past all the people along the way who will tell you that there is nothing you can do about it. Often all you need is one friendly soul who knows about some way, some rule that entitles you to a full refund.

I've had a few of those situations in my life. In one case the answer was so simple, it was ridiculous, but it took a phone call to the U.S Department of State to find out. All the little people in their little offices told me it my problem can't be solved, till the person in the Department of State said "Oh, it's simple you just do this and that" after that my year long dillema was solved in a few hours.

Anyway the point of the ramble is, all is not lost. It might take you a few hours on the phone but you might get your refund.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
@ EF - sorry 2 hear that & good advice here. I booked in Nov.  & will have 2 use it 4 another trip/ flight + rebooking fees only.  In the scheme of things it is alo less of a pain than what lies ahead 4 Bono.   (((hugs anyway))) and sincerely!