Author Topic: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed/Stubhub-bought tickets... What  (Read 11650 times)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My plan of action is to thank God that Bono won't be permanently paralyzed, that there will still be a U2 and that I will get to see them next year.

I got an email from TicketMaster saying that my tickets would still be good for whenever they reschedule the show so I'll just rebook a hotel when they figure out when that will be.

^^^. This. +++

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
My plan of action is to thank God that Bono won't be permanently paralyzed, that there will still be a U2 and that I will get to see them next year.

I got an email from TicketMaster saying that my tickets would still be good for whenever they reschedule the show so I'll just rebook a hotel when they figure out when that will be.

of course, the first sentence was, has been, and will be my first plan of action...

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »
What if you bought your ticket from StubHub and are not sure if you will be able to see the rescheduled show...how do you get your money back from StubHub?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in college and flying up to Denver from here in Louisiana works in the summer but I doubt my friends and I can go if its rescheduled for during the semester  :-\

and we all got our tickets from stub hub  ???

I'm worried about that too.  I go to school in NY, but I have tickets for Miami and Anaheim.  If it's during the semester I could be screwed.  I think you're fine with Denver because of the temperature, but I could see Miami and Anaheim being scheduled early in the year before baseball season starts (late March, first week of April).

Pretty much every concert site other than Miami/Anahiem is in a city where weather can easily be awful through April and into May, as has been shown in Colorado this year (snow earlier this month ppd'd a couple Rockies games). You've got Denver, Salt Lake, Chicago, Minneapolis, Edmonton, Philadelphia, New York, etc.. So I don't think it will start in March or April, unless the band wants to sit around for a few weeks after playing Miami/Anaheim, waiting for the weather to be palatable enough in all the cooler climates. Just my 2 cents.

VP

mariamontreal

I am very happy to hear that Bono is out of hosptial and is expecting a full recovery and the the North American dates will be postponed till next year. That is music to my ears, thank God he is doing well and is already up and about.The European tour will go on schedule with a few dates postponed, but in the long run our man will be fine . Thank you God! I presume the new scheduled dates will be announced within the next few days . I am so pleased that he is alright . I cried when I heard the initial news, now I am relieved . I will see U2 again , same place one year later . It's alright , it's alright ......he moves in mysterious ways ..... 2011 will be the best year for U2 .

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Thanks VP !

@mariamontreal - You've waited a LONG time and its great to hear your support and understanding too!  We'll all get to see them eventually and I look forward to it! 

It's alright , it's alright ......he moves in mysterious ways ..... 2011 will be the best year for U2 .

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
My sister and I were traveling to Montreal to see them July 16th.  Luckily we are within driving distance so it's not too expensive for us to go twice, which is what we are planning to do.  We already booked the hotel and to get a great deal we had to pay in advance without any option to cancel.  So we've decided to come up to Montreal for the weekend in July and then come back when U2 returns.  I'm sad that we won't see U2 this year, but I am so excited to take the trip anyway!  Good luck to all of you who were traveling to see U2, I know there were a lot of us out there.  I hope you all are able to work things out and are able to see them in 2011.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
My sister and I were traveling to Montreal to see them July 16th.  Luckily we are within driving distance so it's not too expensive for us to go twice, which is what we are planning to do.  We already booked the hotel and to get a great deal we had to pay in advance without any option to cancel.  So we've decided to come up to Montreal for the weekend in July and then come back when U2 returns.  I'm sad that we won't see U2 this year, but I am so excited to take the trip anyway!  Good luck to all of you who were traveling to see U2, I know there were a lot of us out there.  I hope you all are able to work things out and are able to see them in 2011.

Thanks for the wishes and ditto to all! 

Just canceled my flight, car and just have to get a hold of the hotel now.  5 of us are going to rebook for next year and I have to use up my flight beforehand b/c I bought it last November & it was too late to get a full refund.  Its a disappointment but no biggie in the scheme of things... I'll just plan another getaway... maybe visit some friends & forum buds in the US.   I'm starting to think NYC area will be the ticket... ;D 

Offline missey

• Child of Grace

Just canceled my flight, car and just have to get a hold of the hotel now.  5 of us are going to rebook for next year and I have to use up my flight beforehand b/c I bought it last November & it was too late to get a full refund.  Its a disappointment but no biggie in the scheme of things... I'll just plan another getaway... maybe visit some friends & forum buds in the US.   I'm starting to think NYC area will be the ticket... ;D 

Don't you tease me now p8!!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone

Not teasing!  Totally serious!   ;D  You may have some visitors in Sept!   :D

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com

July 17th.... fan party in NYC!!  :)  We've already got it planned for you guys and it's still on!!

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
I also bought tickets through StubHub and this is the email they sent me:

Dear StubHub Buyer.

Thank you for buying your tickets at StubHub.

The U2 performance on 07/12/10 has been postponed to a future date yet to be determined. Tickets for the original date will be honored. No refunds will be issued at this time. We will inform you of any updates regarding this event as soon as information is made available to us. However, we recommend that you regularly check with the venue or artist's website for the most up to date information.

If you can no longer use your tickets, you can sell them on StubHub when the new date is announced. Visit our Help section and check out the Seller Learning Center to learn all about Getting Started Listing.

If you have any questions, please send us an email at customerservice@stubhub.com.

Thank you for shopping at StubHub!

Sincerely,

StubHub Customer Service

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
If you can no longer use your tickets, you can sell them on StubHub when the new date is announced. Visit our Help section and check out the Seller Learning Center to learn all about Getting Started Listing.

And they make money twice on the same tickets.

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance

That's true, those sneaky jerks.  How very cagey.

No one says I have to sell them on StubHub, if I choose to sell them, which I won't, 'cause I'm going to that concert no matter when it is.... 8)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
which I won't, 'cause I'm going to that concert no matter when it is.... 8)

Same here. And I might be buying back the NY GA ticket I sold. It's starting to look like this delay will work to my advantage.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones

That's true, those sneaky jerks.  How very cagey.

I was sent an email today from Stubhub which states I can ask for my money back but they strongly suggest I hold onto my tix because of the possibility the price might go up!
No one says I have to sell them on StubHub, if I choose to sell them, which I won't, 'cause I'm going to that concert no matter when it is.... 8)