Author Topic: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed/Stubhub-bought tickets... What  (Read 11661 times)

Offline u2 the greatest

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 06:46:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We will have to wait and see, as they have to start from ground zero on arranging new dates in several stadiums around the U.S. and take account of
sports and other events etc. this will all take time. I suspect several weeks.

Usually the options are:

Use ticket for recheduled date, which will be announced in due course.

Take a refund - as the new dates may not suit you.

Offline kevfenton

• Stranger in a Strange Land
I am concerned that we may not get new date info. for several months now as happened in 2006. I have tickets for the 2 shows in Montreal and have a flight booked from Manchester UK on Swissair at 526 pounds. I cant get a refund of anything more than 59 pounds! I can't fly after November 2010 as I bought them in November 2009 so I cant change the dates to sometime in 2011, and in any event I need to make ANY changes before I was due to fly out, on July 13th, in 4 weeks! I also have tickets for 4 shows in Europe starting in Helsinki, but for now they appear to be realtively safe. I love this band and travelled all over the globe last year for the 360 tour (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Houston, and closer to home, Sheffield) and in 2006 when I benefited from tickets for the rescheduled Sydney shows becoming available, but I am a little concerned that there has been no news  at all about when shows wil be back on at all. There hasn't even been an option to have refunds now for people who know they can't or don't want to make any rescheduled gigs, which I think is a little bit unfair to them.  It looks like I am going to either lose nearly 500 pounds, or have to travel to Montreal in July for nothing really, and then again in 2011.  As I said, I do love this band, but I am not in this band, so it hurts a bit financially. I think I'll stick to European shows from now on. It's less risky financially.
Hope Bono gets better soon.
Take care.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
I am concerned that we may not get new date info. for several months now as happened in 2006. I have tickets for the 2 shows in Montreal and have a flight booked from Manchester UK on Swissair at 526 pounds. I cant get a refund of anything more than 59 pounds! I can't fly after November 2010 as I bought them in November 2009 so I cant change the dates to sometime in 2011, and in any event I need to make ANY changes before I was due to fly out, on July 13th, in 4 weeks! I also have tickets for 4 shows in Europe starting in Helsinki, but for now they appear to be realtively safe. I love this band and travelled all over the globe last year for the 360 tour (Barcelona, Amsterdam, Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Houston, and closer to home, Sheffield) and in 2006 when I benefited from tickets for the rescheduled Sydney shows becoming available, but I am a little concerned that there has been no news  at all about when shows wil be back on at all. There hasn't even been an option to have refunds now for people who know they can't or don't want to make any rescheduled gigs, which I think is a little bit unfair to them.  It looks like I am going to either lose nearly 500 pounds, or have to travel to Montreal in July for nothing really, and then again in 2011.  As I said, I do love this band, but I am not in this band, so it hurts a bit financially. I think I'll stick to European shows from now on. It's less risky financially.
Hope Bono gets better soon.
Take care.

Sorry you're going through this!  If your tickets/ airline allow, I'd suggest to just rebook a different holiday & destination to use up the flights.  There'd be a s/c for that change and it still sucks b/c its not the concert & you'll have to rebook like others here but you can still have a great holiday!  While Montreal is a great city to visit and sightsee, you can do that next year when you're there.  And in the meantime you can just sightsee and enjoy a trip somewhere else that you'd love to check out!   :) 

That's what I'm doing & I'm in a similar predicament although my flight is not as expensive & its only 1 show... I'll rebook mine for probably a getaway in elsewhere in the US, and see Denver anew, when I see U2 in 2011. 

As for the EU dates... stay tuned and hope it goes through!  Keep everything crossed! 
Good luck whatever you decide and all the best...

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
Unfortunately since the show is postponed and not cancelled, the promoter isn't obligated to offer any refunds yet.

Once the new show date is announced only then can refunds be offered as you won't know until the new date is announced whether or not you can attend the show.  If the refund policy is similar to that in 2006, fans will given a deadline to return/refund tickets with no refunds given after the deadline passes.   

That was how refunds for the Australia/New Zealand and Hawaii make up dates was handled as you can see here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In the case of the Vertigo postponement back in 2006, shows originally scheduled for March/April didn't have their makeup dates announced until July of that year.  I expect makeup dates to be announced later rather than sooner. 

I honestly wouldn't expect North American make up dates to be rescheduled and announced until September/October of this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if tour organizers at this very moment are working with stadium management, Major League Baseball (MLB) and the National Football League (NFL) and their scheduling departments to find/arrange for a minimum 7 day window so that the band can bring the show back to the same venues it was originally booked into.

I'm trying to see the positive in it.  Once new dates are announced, I'm seriously thinking about hitting a few more cities in North America to see the band. 

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
I'm trying to see the positive in it.  Once new dates are announced, I'm seriously thinking about hitting a few more cities in North America to see the band. 

Same here.  By February, I should have my car paid off and be able to add another show or two.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species

Same here.  By February, I should have my car paid off and be able to add another show or two.

NYC, Philly perhaps?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!

NYC, Philly perhaps?

NYC is almost definite because the guy I sold the ticket to has already asked if I wanted to buy it back. I may do that next week actually.  Philly is possible, it just depends on the date.

Offline atarisboy86

• Babyface
I bought tickets on Stubhub for Anaheim 2 in early February.......I was sent the email by Stubhub offering to refund the tickets or sell them on their website. Looking through TM I was able to find seats in a similar location to my Stubhub seats.....was able to get a refund for those seats by emailing Stubhub and just kept my TM seats! Very easy process that may be an option for those that already purchased seats on SH for higher than face value