Author Topic: "rough sketch" of 2011 U2 tour?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline thinwhiteduck

• Babyface
Re: "rough sketch" of 2011 U2 tour?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »
A whole f****ing year for north america?!!!! since we all are holding our tickets and they postponed the shows they should at least reschedule the dates ASAP, for example January!! ... April, May?!!!! WTF!!!

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A whole f****ing year for north america?!!!! since we all are holding our tickets and they postponed the shows they should at least reschedule the dates ASAP, for example January!! ... April, May?!!!! WTF!!!

I understand your frustration, but keep in mind where the majority of these shows are in climates that are not suitable for an outdoor stadium show until May. Denver (where two Rockies games were postponed by SNOW earlier this month), Salt Lake City, Edmonton, Minneapolis, Chicago, East Lansing, Philly, New York, etc.

They could reschedule three dates for January: Miami, and the two Anaheim shows. Then the trucks would sit around for four months. Believe me, I'm disappointed. But I also don't want to see U2 in the snow in Denver. I hate the wait, but I'll take June 2011. I want to enjoy the show in all respects, and it's much easier to enjoy in warm weather.

VP

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Nice get, briscoetheque. Which is par for the course for you. My next point was going to be: Some countries are still waiting, and might not get a show at all. I'm always looking out for you, aussie. Oye Oye Oye.

VP

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 11:43:38 PM »
hehehe. Nice. I'm one of the lucky ones  ;)

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »

I understand your frustration, but keep in mind where the majority of these shows are in climates that are not suitable for an outdoor stadium show until May. Denver (where two Rockies games were postponed by SNOW earlier this month), Salt Lake City, Edmonton, Minneapolis, Chicago, East Lansing, Philly, New York, etc.

They could reschedule three dates for January: Miami, and the two Anaheim shows. Then the trucks would sit around for four months. Believe me, I'm disappointed. But I also don't want to see U2 in the snow in Denver. I hate the wait, but I'll take June 2011. I want to enjoy the show in all respects, and it's much easier to enjoy in warm weather.

VP

Maybe they should play in cold freezing weather.  Then, only the true hardcore fans [read, fans who will go to a concert come hell or high water] will show up & the fair weather fans can stay home.  ;D

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 08:19:29 AM »
The Oklahoma show was pretty cold, in the low 40's F with a breeze, and you could tell Edge and Dallas had a hard time keeping the guitars in tune.  Willie Williams mentioned that in his diary at U2.com, too.

Offline thetak111

• Stateless
  • The Future Needs A Big Kiss!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »
sorry im a bit dumb, but what do they mean by:

'Live Nation has contacted concert promoters on several continents and has blocked out the following as a possible itinerary'

does this mean they are blocking out the possibilities of these concerts. If so, I'm gonna cry

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 05:39:38 AM »
sorry im a bit dumb, but what do they mean by:

'Live Nation has contacted concert promoters on several continents and has blocked out the following as a possible itinerary'

does this mean they are blocking out the possibilities of these concerts. If so, I'm gonna cry

Blocked out = reserving dates. It's good. Not bad.

Offline thetak111

• Stateless
  • The Future Needs A Big Kiss!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 01:41:31 AM »
PHEW!!!! so are they definitely playing those cities?

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 04:56:58 AM »
If you think waiting a year for postponed shows is bad, try living in Johannesberg, where U2 have only played once. Or South America and Australia, where the band frequently skip tours.

My gut feel leads to

Europe Autumn 2010
South America / Australia / Japan Late 2010-early 2011
US Spring-Summer 2011
Glastonbury / Dublin June 2011

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:23 AM »
Here's my rough sketch.

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
PHEW!!!! so are they definitely playing those cities?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily 100% confirmed BUT just a completely unbased-in-reality estimation here, it's probably 85% confirmed. Logistically, it makes the most sense to just push the whole thing back a year since, if these dates and places worked for everyone this year why not next but of course nothing's for sure until it's officially announced.

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »
Here's my rough sketch.

Stop it. You're killing me. I don't see any fans there, though. Get back to me when your final draft is done. And this assignment will count for half your grade this summer (or winter, as it were, in the Great Southern Land).

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »
Here's my rough sketch.

I bet Mark Fischer is sh**ting himself, Briscoe lad. :D