Author Topic: Not very interested in the album anymore  (Read 4172 times)

Sydney_Mike

Re: Not very interested in the album anymore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:06 AM »
Keep the faith my southern friend. Even if Boots doesn't rate with you, there's still another 11 songs to hold out for.

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 03:14:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After hearing "Boots", the wonderful excitment i've had in the last few months about the new U2 album is well and truely over. Hearing "Boots", for me, was like going to the footy to watch your team play, and instead seeing a bunch of guys run around as if the have no idea what they are doing.

No NO No NO NO NO NO. DOn't leave us, don't let the monster reach you, NOOOOO!!! Don't go and betray your feelings. The Artic Rabbits may be good (in their town, as we say in Spain) when you're drunk but that's no reason for you to think you should buy their records.

No!!!! Say No!!!!

No light
No people
No speak
No people
No cars
No people
No food
No people

Stopped
Short
Grinding halt
Everything's coming to a griding halt

Yes, the song may be hard to assimilate but just wait for the record :)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 04:08:43 AM »
I've always thought Boots wasn't very radio friendly, I mean it would take guts for someone like U2 at the time of safe music and at their age to include "Sexy" in the lyrics. Just my opinion.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 04:10:14 AM »
After hearing "Boots", the wonderful excitment i've had in the last few months about the new U2 album is well and truely over. Hearing "Boots", for me, was like going to the footy to watch your team play, and instead seeing a bunch of guys run around as if the have no idea what they are doing.

No NO No NO NO NO NO. DOn't leave us, don't let the monster reach you, NOOOOO!!! Don't go and betray your feelings. The Artic Rabbits may be good (in their town, as we say in Spain) when you're drunk but that's no reason for you to think you should buy their records.

No!!!! Say No!!!!

No light
No people
No speak
No people
No cars
No people
No food
No people

Stopped
Short
Grinding halt

You don't know how beautiful you are!

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
Even if your favorite team completely fumbles through the first game of the season, it's no reason to think they can't make it to the championship game before the playoffs even start.  ;)

Offline xtrmntr

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
I agree somewhat.  I'm still very interested in listening to the album as I was with this single, but the excitement is gone.  I think I spent the two weeks leading up to the release constantly refreshing this site and other sites for any leaks.  I don't find the song that terrible, but not what I was expecting with all this talk from Bono and Lanois.  I'm hoping for the best 'cause I definitely don't want to be disappointed by this album--that would make it three in a row.   :-[

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »

No!!!! Say No!!!!

No light
No people
No speak
No people
No cars
No people
No food
No people

Stopped
Short
Grinding halt

You don't know how beautiful you are!
++

Same to you!!   ;)

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »

I hated Discotheque when it first came out, still do actually. But Pop is a superb album.

I don't like Get on Your Boots much at all but I can handle that and still be excited by the album release.

Why? Cos U2 just don't make duff albums. Ever.

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »

I hated Discotheque when it first came out, still do actually. But Pop is a superb album.

I don't like Get on Your Boots much at all but I can handle that and still be excited by the album release.

Asdmit it, U2 "core fans" (Whatever that means): Seeing U2 doing the VIllage People was like Cure fans watching Robert doing the mariachi in "the 13th"...

The song's good enough but seeing that was too much for amost of you...

Offline Ro~Jo

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »
When HTDAAB was released, it had a lot of instant positive threads.

I think the negative reactions stem from the first single which leads people to think this is POP v2.0.

Not very good news for U2.

Cheers,

J

I'd like to warn you: Pop has a huge following on this forum.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:47 AM »

Asdmit it, U2 "core fans" (Whatever that means): Seeing U2 doing the VIllage People was like Cure fans watching Robert doing the mariachi in "the 13th"...

The song's good enough but seeing that was too much for amost of you...

I loved both village people & mariachi stunts.

The only time I was disappointed with a U2 release was when Achtung Baby came out. it took 6 months and a Zoo TV tour to understand it and begin to like it. Now I think i's one of the best albums ever.

I then promised myself I wouldn't do the same mistake again. I take the new single for what it is, not for what it should have been or what I would have wanted.

Alton Dalton

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:12 AM »

No!!!! Say No!!!!

No light
No people
No speak
No people
No cars
No people
No food
No people

Stopped
Short
Grinding halt

The Cure! Love it!! ;)

Offline Zoonationalist

• Refugee
  • www.themarinerwritings.wordpress.com
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 04:55:29 AM »
When HTDAAB was released, it had a lot of instant positive threads.

I think the negative reactions stem from the first single which leads people to think this is POP v2.0.

Not very good news for U2.

Cheers,

J

I'm not sure why anyone would think this is ANYTHING like Pop. All I hear is a slightly more interesting Vertigo.

I, for one, would welcome anything sounding like Pop. Or ANYTHING before 2000.