Author Topic: New lessons from old songs.  (Read 886 times)

Offline andypa1

• Stranger in a Strange Land
New lessons from old songs.
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
A big hello from me, in Birmingham UK.

I'm 23 and U2 was the first band to get me really listening to music. Probably from the age of about 14 or so.

I remember having a mini disc player with 2 discs. The first one had Boy, The Joshua tree, and Achtung baby. The second was live from red rocks, rattle and hum, and another tour (think it was zoo tv sydney bootleg) Musically I just fell in love with it all, the passion and energy was such a rebellion from the classical music my parents had brought me up on.

ATYCLB was just a simple rock album, and the guitar work encouraged me to start learning the guitar. But in the last two years or so, i'v really started coming to grips with the huge depth of bono's lyrics. As a Christian the lyrics of politics, love and spirituality have really struck a chord with me, and I feel there is so much to explore. (Starting with discussions in this here forum!)

Went to first U2 gig last year, at Don Valley in the sunshine. Truly a beautiful day.

Looking forward to some good chat in this family of fans!

Andy

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: New lessons from old songs.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »
Welcome andypa1 - look forward to seeing you around the forum. :-)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Welcome to the family of U2 fans, Andy! We are happy to have you here and look forward to you joining in our discussions. SG

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
Hi Andy, glad you found us! Hope you enjoy the forum. 8)