Author Topic: Why Such Hatred for U2  (Read 14250 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Why Such Hatred for U2
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven´t had do defend the band  in front of my people but I usually try ty hold back my joy when I hear u2 song in a radio or see video played in tv, because they just dont get it. People tend to roll eyes when I tell that I´ve ordered a a book or dvd and they usually comment"u2 again ::)"

Oh I am guilty of this -- but at Christmastime seems like I always get stuck in a store when "Baby Please Come Home" comes on the PA - I tear up and dance along.  Who cares!!

Wow, where do you live, U2ville?  I have never heard that song in public.  Wish I did mind, it would make a change from the usual.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »
I haven´t had do defend the band  in front of my people but I usually try ty hold back my joy when I hear u2 song in a radio or see video played in tv, because they just dont get it. People tend to roll eyes when I tell that I´ve ordered a a book or dvd and they usually comment"u2 again ::)"

Oh I am guilty of this -- but at Christmastime seems like I always get stuck in a store when "Baby Please Come Home" comes on the PA - I tear up and dance along.  Who cares!!

Wow, where do you live, U2ville?  I have never heard that song in public.  Wish I did mind, it would make a change from the usual.

I have.  It is played over the PA, in department stores.  Around the Christmas season. 

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
You wouldn't think there was much hatred based on the ticket sales for 360.

Exactly! 

Offline Sledge

• Party Girl/Boy
  • There's a place i go high and far away
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »
I believe that most of the hartred is against Bono not U2 for instants. People just hate him well because they think that he is full of poop and that he is just  an hypocrite that thinks that he can save the world with his rock star powers. What they don't know is that Bono has been doing this from the begginning of U2 and not since it was in like the pop stars these days. Of course Bono being always on TV and all that doesn't help the hartred to go away, although He's been in my opinion a little more less on the spotlight nowadays
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:27:49 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »
I believe that most of the hartred is against Bono not U2 for instants. People just hate him well because they think that he is full of poop and that he is just  an hypocrite that thinks that he can save the world with his rock star powers. What they don't know is that Bono has been doing this from the begginning of U2 and not since it was in like the pop stars these days. Of course Bono being always on TV and all that doesn't help the hartred to go away, although He's been in my opinion a little more less on the spotlight nowadays

Great post!  And we as U2 listeners understand that Bono is doing what we would.  If we were in the same circumstance. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:28:05 PM by Joe90usa »

Smee

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
I see the answer to the OP's question as twofold.
Firstly....we as humans like to knock those at the top of the tree. U2 have been at the very top of their particualr tree since 1987. Its jelousy, plain and simple!

Secondly, people hate Bono banging on and on about Africa. Thing is....how many of these people have actually heard him going on about it. Most peeps are just jumping on the bandwagon, like little sheep, following the flock.
I have a few Bono haters on my Facebook. Last night, i was watching a TV Prog about Live Aid , and the very touching Video featuring The Cars song, Whos Gonna Drive you home, which was first shown at the live aid gig came on. Anyone Who knows this video cannot be failed but to be moved by it. Anyhoo.....i was going to Post a link to it on my facebook and ask the question....WHY is Bono a t**t for wanting to help people like this? Ad wager not ONE person would dare pass comment, coz they know he is in the right.
The thing most people dont realise is....Bono was doing work in Africa LONG before he hit the big time. Before Even Live aid was thought about. It wasnt some Fashion statement he has recently decided to make, just to look good. It has been a life long commitment for him AND Ali

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
  • RAN the Marine Corps Marathon 10/30/2011
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »

I wish I lived in U2ville!!  I have heard this song numerous times at the mall - last year I was in Nashville, TN at the Oprymills Mall (in the Gap store). 

Offline honey_child

• Refugee
  • Speak
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »
You wouldn't think there was much hatred based on the ticket sales for 360.

Surely not EVERY pretentious kid can't hate them  ::)

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »
I heard it at a few shopping malls in Maryland, during the retail Christmas season.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
Someone has to be the biggest, look at the alternatives - thank goodness for U2. The hatred just comes with the territory, it's never about the music.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:28:29 PM by Joe90usa »

hurricane hugo

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

#@!

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
I heard it at a few shopping malls in Maryland, during the retail Christmas season.

and it makes you want to SHOP!  Kick your heels up and SHOP!  Come on NOW - SHOP!

Offline Cigar

• Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
Someone has to be the biggest, look at the alternatives - thank f@@@ for U2. The hatred just comes with the territory, it's never about the music.

But it is about the music,since 99% of the people that hates U2 are saying that they are the most overrated band in the history of music.

Read the stuff about u2 haters ,you'll see that the word "Overrated" is the most common word coming out of their mouth.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »
Sometimes they play Mysterious Ways in JC Pennys. 

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »
Sometimes they play Mysterious Ways in JC Pennys. 

I heard Electrical Storm at Kroger.