Author Topic: Boy Album Art  (Read 1984 times)

InThisHeartland

Re: Boy Album Art
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 09:51:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's cool!  My son looks a little like him and he's about the right age. I asked a friend if it would be creepy if I took pics of my son posing like the album art and she said "totally".  :D

Not creepy for us here!  :D We'd all say cool  8)!

I'm sorry, but that definitely sounds creepy

Offline Van the Man Fan

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
In the shadow boy meets man

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
See the album art as it was intended!

The stretch sleeve was a compromise and far less effective. Same with 'I Will Follow' single in the US.

The original Boy sleeve makes much more sense, especially considering the War art that followed a couple of years later.

Anyway, you can find it all over e-bay at a decent price, even the original CD. If I was offered 50 for my original I'd grab it, tj1968! Despite the Record Collector 'valuation', it's available cheaply and easily.

P.S. Peter is now an award winning photographer himself and will be shooting U2 this year on the 360 Tour. That should be fun to see!

Thanks SG, I didn't know that. I'll keep an eye out. You do know a lot about U2 associates!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
See the album art as it was intended!

The stretch sleeve was a compromise and far less effective. Same with 'I Will Follow' single in the US.

The original Boy sleeve makes much more sense, especially considering the War art that followed a couple of years later.

Anyway, you can find it all over e-bay at a decent price, even the original CD. If I was offered 50 for my original I'd grab it, tj1968! Despite the Record Collector 'valuation', it's available cheaply and easily.

P.S. Peter is now an award winning photographer himself and will be shooting U2 this year on the 360 Tour. That should be fun to see!

Thanks SG, I didn't know that. I'll keep an eye out. You do know a lot about U2 associates!

I posted a nice article on Peter on our blog on the main site the other day. ;)

Check out staff member Tassoula's interview with Peter for @U2 in 2006 as well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:21:46 PM by StrongGirl »

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
That's cool!  My son looks a little like him and he's about the right age. I asked a friend if it would be creepy if I took pics of my son posing like the album art and she said "totally".  :D

Not creepy for us here!  :D We'd all say cool  8)!

I remember this album of course before I had my boys & thinking I want a son like that kids, he's cute.
And I did, three of them...