Author Topic: 360 2011 in North America: Will they add dates? If so, where?  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Mark0930

• Wanderer
Re: 360 2011 in North America: Will they add dates? If so, where?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »
Seriously.... Rentschler field would be an amazing place for this tour. 

It just went under new management too.  Hopefully they are trying to negotiate a date. 

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seriously.... Rentschler field would be an amazing place for this tour.   

It absolutely would.  Its big but not too big and its a great atmosphere for just about anything

Offline u2bono269

• Babyface
  • @atU2 Tours Staffer
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
considering there's a pretty huge gap between the Philly and New York shows (both of which I am attending), there's plenty of time for a few shows in my living room. 

Offline merkado

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:35 PM »
my guesses, starting with most probable:

Mexico City
New Orleans
somewhere in Texas again
Pittsburgh or Columbus
St. Louis
Kansas City

#@!

OH GOD PLEASE!!

Any chances for a south american leg?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »

PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH!! PITTSBURGH!!!!! (or Cleveland)

agreed!  i'm now south of cleveland about 70 miles, but will be moving to the pittsburgh area next week.  a concert there would be a PERFECT housewarming gift, dontcha think?  ;)

Oh, yes it would  :D

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 06:47:02 AM »
Of course for entirely selfish reasons, I'd love to see another show on the Eastern Seabord that I could get to easily, but I think the fairest (for the United States) would be somewhere in the Midwest other than Chicago, as it seems to be the region with the smallest number of accessible shows thus far - granted, it's not as densely populated as the coasts, but overall the number of people combined could definitely sell out shows considering that everyone I've ever met from the Midwest considers 4 hours a short ride!  :D

South America, of course, would be awesome, since they didn't go there at all last year.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »
Of course for entirely selfish reasons, I'd love to see another show on the Eastern Seabord that I could get to easily, but I think the fairest (for the United States) would be somewhere in the Midwest other than Chicago, as it seems to be the region with the smallest number of accessible shows thus far - granted, it's not as densely populated as the coasts, but overall the number of people combined could definitely sell out shows considering that everyone I've ever met from the Midwest considers 4 hours a short ride!  :D

4 hours is a little hop and jump. :D

Again, Nebraska would be a great central location in the Midwest. ;D

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »

the man speaks the truth ;D

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 10:08:35 PM »

the man speaks the truth ;D

Thank you kind sir. 8)

cash35

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »

If it happens, I would hope it's at Busch Stadium. The atmosphere would be much better than the antiseptic dome, even with the possible heat and humidity to deal with. If St. Louis didn't happen, and somehow stinkin' Lincoln (I'm a Colorado grad) got a date, I'd strongly consider that, too. My best friend (from all the way back in third grade, circa 1977) lives in Omaha and is a huge fan. Me and the missus make it a practice to catch one show per tour with him and his wife. Right now, that show is Denver. We'll see if that changes. Good luck to all those hoping for more suitable additions.

VP
[/quote]

I don't see a St. Louis show happening.  When Busch Stadium announced The Eagles concert that happened in June, they stated that the claw would not fit in the stadium.  I think that's a load of bull.  They just don't want all that equipment on their precious little grass.  God forbid you interfer with Cardinal baseball in this town!!  You should have heard the b*****ing about the condition of the grass after The Eagles concert.  Saw Popmart at the Echo dome, don't want to do that again.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 06:08:22 AM »

South America, of course, would be awesome, since they didn't go there at all last year.

Thanks for thinking of us Midwesterners, uplate, for a lot of people we're this great blank spot in between the East and West Coasts.  And yeah, 4 hours is a quick trip.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »
Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nunavut, Halifax - Nova Scotia and Chicken - Alaska.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Nunavut, Halifax - Nova Scotia and Chicken - Alaska.

I would be up for a Nunavut show.  They could fit the entire population of the capital city in GA.  After that they go to Norway and play for the Lapps and then down to to Ayers Rock - or Uluru, you'll correct me - for an aboriginal fest.

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

Yep, all of them. Right after they play in my backyard on Aug. 29, for my 42nd birthday. You are invited, of course! We'll pound Victoria Bitter until we're victorious, or bitter. What say you?  ;D

VegasPatrick
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:52:54 PM by vegaspatrick »

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »

I would be up for a Nunavut show.  They could fit the entire population of the capital city in GA.  After that they go to Norway and play for the Lapps and then down to to Ayers Rock - or Uluru, you'll correct me - for an aboriginal fest.

Nah I wouldn't correct you. Either is fine.