Author Topic: OTR 9-419  (Read 1326 times)

Offline CrossingGo

• Refugee
  • No one, no one is blinder than me
OTR 9-419
« on: July 19, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
I had to pipe up and say what a great read Ian's OTR was. I always enjoy the Column, of course, it's a great treat to log on and see a new one has been posted. But this one tackled a very interesting topic (U2's [lack of an] online presence) and was written to be a page-scroller. Thanks for the terrific read, Ian! Loved the opinions and I hope your message is heard by Principle Management.

I wish you'd mentioned that nothing has set the band back in time worse than the lyrics to "Unknown Caller." Here we're discussing app availability, interactive iTunes items, song clip ripping, 3D imaging and so much more, meanwhile Bono is singing, "Force quite and move to trash," "Restart and reboot yourself," "Password, you, enter here," "You know your name, so punch it in." I've never cringed so much in my life. It sounds to me like grandpa mumbling about how kids are all e-mailin' and uploadin' these days.

Let's have U2 back on top of the digital delivery medium, and... maybe some re-writes to UC's chorus??? :^)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:05:05 PM by crossing_go »

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
Re: OTR 9-419
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:30:42 PM »
Yeah, while I love the song, I've always thought the chorus was too awkward. I know U2, especially Bono, love their Macs and you can hear the Apple talk in it, but still, it's sooooo clunky. I can't hate it, though, because it was a song that somehow figured how to use the line "shush now" in a chorus. I still chuckle when I hear that.