Author Topic: SPOILER: Rehearsal Updates & Rumours For Opening Show 2010  (Read 54423 times)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: SPOILER: Official Stadio Olimpico, Turin, Set-List; 6th August 2010
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PRIDE ( Sorry Pride haters, its bck & here to stay.) AHHHHH I"M SO EFFIN EXCITED RN!!!!!!

I was just about to post that :D

and

MERCY!!!

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
Ok, kids I'm now hearing  ppl think it wasnt live audio but pre-recorded (bc it was playing at a certain time before the normal rehearsal hrs they normally hold).  What do we think? Are they being sneaky & trying to trip us up?

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
Thing about that 'A sort of Homecoming' recording is that it doesn't really sound like a recording of a rehearsal. There are no drums/bass/vocals going with it, it doesn't sound open air like the recording of 'Pride' (like with reverb, or traffic etc), it's not a video, just photos of Bono from the POP era, and, strangest of all, at the end the sound dies down really gradually, it doesn't end abruptly, like a recording of a rehearsal would. The last two points make me think it's just someone who's recorded their own version of the tune and is trying to pass it off as a genuine rehearsal.  :(
Of course, i would love to be proven wrong!  :)

InThisHeartland

Thing about that 'A sort of Homecoming' recording is that it doesn't really sound like a recording of a rehearsal. There are no drums/bass/vocals going with it, it doesn't sound open air like the recording of 'Pride' (like with reverb, or traffic etc), it's not a video, just photos of Bono from the POP era, and, strangest of all, at the end the sound dies down really gradually, it doesn't end abruptly, like a recording of a rehearsal would. The last two points make me think it's just someone who's recorded their own version of the tune and is trying to pass it off as a genuine rehearsal.  :(

Your idea makes sense, plus the guitar is a bit wonky, but keeping expectations low is never any fun.

ASOH!!!!!!! WOOOOOO

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
Your idea makes sense, plus the guitar is a bit wonky, but keeping expectations low is never any fun.

ASOH!!!!!!! WOOOOOO

Lol yay lets go ASOH!

Really, there are so many songs I would be SO THRILLED to hear live....if they just played one of them at my show......One Tree Hill, New York, Please, Wild Horses, I Threw A Brick, Yahweh, Mercy, ASOH, Indian Summer Sky, RTSS, In God's Country, Exit, Seconds, Shadows And Tall Trees, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Kite, In A Little While (with Edge), Van Diemen's Land, Numb, Do You Feel Loved, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Zooropa, The Wanderer, Heartland, God Part II, Hawkmoon 269...

OH U2 YOU HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL! LET ALL THE COLORS COME OUT FOR ONCE!

InThisHeartland

Mmmmmmmm those sound like great choices!!!

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
Mmmmmmmm those sound like great choices!!!

Well, surely, with so many, they gotta play AT LEAST one, right? .... RIGHT?  :D

InThisHeartland

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground

ASOH!!!!!!! WOOOOOO

Mercy,

Yes

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire

Of course we should all be skeptical about the songs being 'played'. In fact, there is a huge question mark whether or these are legit. live band rehearsals, pre-recorded material or just entirely false recordings. Still, nothing like healthy rumours to keep us excited for the 6th!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Also, ASOH could have been Dallas sound-checking Edge's guitar with a random song (or one of his favorites), not necessarily the band rehearsing a song they're going to play.  Even if that's the case, I'd find it exciting, because I heart Dallas.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!

ASOH!!!!!!! WOOOOOO

Yes, good point! The fun is in the anticipation and guessing!  ;D

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Looks like all these sound-checks and whatnot were not legit. Well they were, but not totally because Bono is still not in Turin as U2Gigs reports

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
Looks like all these sound-checks and whatnot were not legit. Well they were, but not totally because Bono is still not in Turin as U2Gigs reports

Bono's still not in Turin? Wow. I guess they're either going to wing it or play the exact same set list from last year.

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy

I didn't think there were any vocals in the ASOH soundcheck. Could be legit?