Author Topic: UK 360?? - am i being to greedy?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Trash Trampoline

• Wanderer
  • I'm a piece of glass left there on the beach
Re: UK 360?? - am i being to greedy?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As to Ireland, Edge recently said in an interview that they wanted to keep their Dublin gigs special, something that only happened every few years rather than a frequent occurence which might dilute the uniqueness.

...Of course, Larry also said they wanted to play Belfast, so I see a way the guys could but will 100% definitely not keep Dublin special without diluting... ;)
Although I'm seeing U2 in Europe this year, I still hold out some hope that if this tour goes into late Summer 2011, they must be itching to play the new more concert-friendly Aviva Stadium which opened in their home town of Dublin last night.....they have gotta see whether it can take a U2 show !!!

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »
I'm going to see U2 in Rome in October and I didn't pay too much for my flight or hotel.The transport system in Italy is excellent and inexpensive and I don't think I'll have any problems while I'm there.I don't mind a little hassle if I'm in Rome to see U2!

I went to both Wembley shows and missed my flight back home to Manchester because of extensive engineering work on the Tube so I had a tough time seeing U2 in the UK.

I also think the chances of U2 returning to the UK are slim, especially for shows at Wembley.

Yeah me too, went in 05 as well.

My point is we have euro star and ferries connecting the UK and Mainland europe, how far is moscow from any other 360 venue, Athens and Istanbul are the same and have similar logistical issues in getting stuff out there.

LEts look at Spain, 2 massive concerts in 2009 in Barcelona, 2 shows in seville and a further show in san sebastian 2010, that gives spain 1 country a total of 5 shows.

Smee

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
UK DEFFO got shafted when it becomes clear that Austrlia, a country with 1/3 the population of the UK is getting 8 shows! Am not impressed!!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
When I think of all the countries that rarely get to see them or worse yet , NEVER, I am grateful for what I got. I think we all tend to be a bit greedy in the places where they have played so much.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »
I think we all got shafted when U2 & LiveNation decided to do a stadium tour.