Author Topic: SPOILER: Official Stadio Olimpico, Turin, Set-List; 6th August 2010  (Read 91818 times)

mariamontreal

Re: SPOILER: Official Stadio Olimpico, Turin, Set-List; 6th August 2010
« Reply #1005 on: August 09, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
I am so so happy that the show was spectacular , and for all of you who had the opportunity to attend you must still be reeling from the high of the night . Great  great footage and songs. One more year till Montreal... the anticipation is killing me .....Good stuff . U2 are the best , Bono terrific .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:52:09 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #1006 on: August 10, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stop ending with MOS. Just, stop.

I had an issue with this for a very very very long time too. I feel like the song is too devastating to end with, that fans would go out feeling desperate and on the verge of despair. But I think that is the point. U2 are very subtle with their faith, but to my eyes, this was an altar call, they were saying to their fans that God could be there for them IF they wanted that, that there can be a moment of surrender for everyone, and that our eyes could be opened, if our souls were opened.

I am not at all trying to preach here, just saying why I felt like they do that! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  :)

I still feel uneasy when I leave the show with MOS, but it is a pretty incredible feeling to have 80,000 plus people singing "OOOOHH OHHHH OHH OHHHHH...."

as a man of faith myself, i can appreciate your view. But like you said, it just ends the show on such a down note. One, Walk On, 40? end on a very very very high note.

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #1007 on: August 10, 2010, 10:06:09 AM »
Stop ending with MOS. Just, stop.

I had an issue with this for a very very very long time too. I feel like the song is too devastating to end with, that fans would go out feeling desperate and on the verge of despair. But I think that is the point. U2 are very subtle with their faith, but to my eyes, this was an altar call, they were saying to their fans that God could be there for them IF they wanted that, that there can be a moment of surrender for everyone, and that our eyes could be opened, if our souls were opened.

I am not at all trying to preach here, just saying why I felt like they do that! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  :)

I still feel uneasy when I leave the show with MOS, but it is a pretty incredible feeling to have 80,000 plus people singing "OOOOHH OHHHH OHH OHHHHH...."

as a man of faith myself, i can appreciate your view. But like you said, it just ends the show on such a down note. One, Walk On, 40? end on a very very very high note.

I agree, the way the Vertigo tour ended with All Because Of You, Yahweh, then 40 was amazing. Such a hearty, soul-lifting closer!