Author Topic: WHO CAN HELP?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
WHO CAN HELP?
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
If any one wants answers to  some questions.. Maybe they can be on this thread. I definitely have 2!
1. In the Joshua Tree dvd, Daniel Lanois talks about Larry and his admiration of his drumming. He then says.."and he likes to deliver"Which song is playing Just after that? It starts with Larry and some heavy but lekke drumming?.
2. Then, can anyone tell me.. Who was the angel of "dorsette street". Bono refers to in Angel of Harlem in U2 go home dvd?

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
Re: WHO CAN HELP?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
I think the song that plays is Bullet The Blue Sky but I don't remember. 

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:29 PM »
Yeah, if yould tell us the point in the DVD (minutes, seconds), we could help you more... ;)

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If any one wants answers to  some questions.. Maybe they can be on this thread. I definitely have 2!
1. In the Joshua Tree dvd, Daniel Lanois talks about Larry and his admiration of his drumming. He then says.."and he likes to deliver"Which song is playing Just after that? It starts with Larry and some heavy but lekke drumming?.
2. Then, can anyone tell me.. Who was the angel of "dorsette street". Bono refers to in Angel of Harlem in U2 go home dvd?

The track immediatley after Lanois says "he really wants to deliver" is(at 16:25) God Part 2, from "Rattle And Hum", a good example of Larry giving it goodo, but in the lead up to Lanois saying this, "Exit" is in the background.

Not 100% sure what he means by "Angel Of Dorset Street",but it is a street in Dublin. The first thing that comes to mind is a lady of the night, but that seems inappropriate in the context of the song. Sounds like  local thing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:10:45 PM by Falling At Your Feet »

mariamontreal

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
The 1st one ,not sure , the 2nd one I think he's talking about Ali his wife ( where she lived when they met ) . Just a guess not 100 % sure .

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
no .i know bullet the blue sky! Definitely not that:)falling at ur feet.. You might be right. The song has a bit of a NXs sound /beat to it. (addicted to love) Its Right after Lanois finish talking.  The angel of dorsette street, i think is a personal joke between Bono and Larry, coz he looks at larry just after that, and both smile... Like it could have been a girl they both knew who stayed there. Ah well. Thanks!  X