Author Topic: UV vs HMTMKMKM - Big mistake dropping UV (best part of the whole show)  (Read 3573 times)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: UV vs HMTMKMKM - Big mistake dropping UV (best part of the whole show)
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »
To answer your question, Chip, WOWY is the same.  Or at least I havent noticed any differences between these performances and the earlier 360 performances.  And I agree with everything you've said

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am not saying that HMTMKMKM needed to replace UV - I thought UV was brilliant last summer - but I think HMTMKMKM is the *perfect* song for someone who's had an injury (or life crisis) and is trying to fight back.  I think it's the last time U2 wrote something that was meant to be in-your-face and badass.  I don't play guitar, but I'd imagine it is fun to play, and I get a great rush when the song transitions from the introduction into the proper guitar riff, like Edge has just drop-kicked me.  And there is that little pull-back interlude before the final verse that one of the few places in U2's catalogue where I can imagine a striptease would not be out of place. 

Respect to those mourning the absence of UV, but clearly I like this addition to the set.  :)
Ultraviolet  may very well be my favorite U2 song and i will be sad to see it go, but I am with Efdeat on this one.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am not saying that HMTMKMKM needed to replace UV - I thought UV was brilliant last summer - but I think HMTMKMKM is the *perfect* song for someone who's had an injury (or life crisis) and is trying to fight back.  I think it's the last time U2 wrote something that was meant to be in-your-face and badass.  I don't play guitar, but I'd imagine it is fun to play, and I get a great rush when the song transitions from the introduction into the proper guitar riff, like Edge has just drop-kicked me.  And there is that little pull-back interlude before the final verse that one of the few places in U2's catalogue where I can imagine a striptease would not be out of place. 

Respect to those mourning the absence of UV, but clearly I like this addition to the set.  :)

Exactly my thoughts!