Author Topic: Will U2 play the Uk again ??  (Read 3385 times)

Offline ColseU2

• Wanderer
  • Dream outloud
Will U2 play the Uk again ??
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:25:53 AM »
I want to what other people think the chances are of U2 coming back to the Uk to play venues like wembley etc. I know there likely to do glasto but want to know if they'll come back to the Uk as i dont see there are that many big european dates before they got back to america :/
let me know what you think im intregued  :o

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: Will U2 play the Uk again ??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
100% definitely not 2011, if the tour continues into 2012 as McGuinness suggested... we shall see.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
100% definitely not 2011, if the tour continues into 2012 as McGuinness suggested... we shall see.

I think it highly unlikely now.  This tour will only extend into 2011 to tour the rest of the world.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
I think it highly unlikely now.  This tour will only extend into 2011 to tour the rest of the world.

I agree, Glastonbury possibly in 2011, but I don't believe the 360 tour will be still be doing European gigs after this year.
Reasons ? Two European legs already, and moving all the gear back again, JUST, to do UK & Ireland doesen't make logistical sense.
If they did return to Europe in 2012 That would be the fourth year 360 is touring(2009,2010,2011,2012) at which point the idea is going stale and possibly redundant, and time to move on to something new.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
I think there will be an Irish Extravaganza at the end of this tour

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »

If only U2 were sentimental Irishmen. :D

Offline BonoBeatle

• Wanderer
  • U2 live are even better than the real thing
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 04:22:17 PM »
I would love a return concert back to the UK, but i think that a farewell concert back in Ireland is not inappropriate.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 05:32:55 AM »

I hope you are right !

Smee

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:18:02 AM »
If all the talk about u2 touring going into 2012 is true, well....at that stage, we wouldnt be far off the point where we might expect them to play UK again. I mean....its roughly every 4-5 yrs we get the new album/tour cycle start again. I reckon they might well pay UK a visit either next year (approx late aug early sept) or in 2012. And more worringly, historically speaking, if they are still on the road in 2012, it may not be until 2016-17 we see them out on the road again!

Offline ColseU2

• Wanderer
  • Dream outloud
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 05:28:37 AM »
How about now after announcing they maybe releasing a new album which they will play on the American side of the tour surely they'll come back to play the new album in the UK afterall they did say it will be a whole new show :/

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 06:03:15 AM »
I vote they ditch 'The Claw' for a couple of months after the European leg ... come to the UK & Ireland for a dozen or so arena dates ... play some stripped down gigs, old stuff, new stuff. We'd give them a great welcome!

Whoops, sorry ... think I must have been dreaming out loud there for a minute!   :-[

Offline ColseU2

• Wanderer
  • Dream outloud
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 06:07:06 AM »
Yerrr that sounds good even though its dream like, i rekon they'll do something again in the Uk other than glasto especially if they are releasing another album, sure if they did an indoor tour they'll come up with something good, im not too fussed of the stage set just want to see them again, but closer to the stage this time.

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »
Yerrr that sounds good even though its dream like, i rekon they'll do something again in the Uk other than glasto especially if they are releasing another album, sure if they did an indoor tour they'll come up with something good, im not too fussed of the stage set just want to see them again, but closer to the stage this time.

Yeah, me too. I'm gutted they have no plans to bring the tour back here. Unfortunately being a U2 fan requires lots of patience & waiting around for their next visit! Unless of course you are blessed with pots of money ... whoops, dreaming again!

Offline Achtung Andy

• Wanderer
  • Slight Of Hand And Twist Of Fate...
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
IMO think it will be a very long time, i'm thinking probably when they start a completely new tour with a new album, (i'm talking after the album, they maybe release at end of this year).

Could well be in about 5 years time!  :'(