Author Topic: The Best Advice I got before a concert  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
Re: The Best Advice I got before a concert
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »
take plastic water bottle lids in your pocket because once inside the bars take the lids off and you cant sip and stash for later and if you drink it all in one go it means having  to struggle out of the crowd to the loo.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How do you handle going to the bathroom?

Can anybody answer Starman's question?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »

Folks are generally pretty good about letting you back in your spot.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »
The tips on linking arms, cheap chairs & bringing bottle caps are A+. I will keep them in mind for the future.   
I dont think I have really have any good tips except look at a map of the venue before hand to have a plan & be familiar with the layout.
For ladies I dont bring my purse in, I just put keys/phone in pockets & money/ID/ticket in my bra. 
Yep, I'm klassy like that.

I need to get one of these, its called a RackTrap. Its a little wallet you can put in your bra.

Offline honey_child

• Refugee
  • Speak
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »

Have a friend save your spot after you get to the floor and go before the opening act. Once the opening act is off the stage and it's that half hour before U2 comes on, it'll be impossible to get off the floor AND get your spot back.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
I would add to carry something that your friend can wave so you can find your spot! I used a small Irish flag but if everyone carries those it'd be too confusing. ;) Try and be creative!

I love the bottle cap idea! The stadium plan idea is great too. Or try to be with someone who's been to that venue before. The moment you step onto the field is disorienting because you HAVE to look up at the Claw-meanwhile 2000 people are streaming past you to the front! ::)

As for the tee shirt, I love wearing the band's tees to the show. Yup, I'm a dork, but a happy one!

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
"when someone hits the floor in the pit, help them up."

#@!

yes. definitely. When someone is throwing up over the rail. Be nice. find the security guard for them.

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
The tips on linking arms, cheap chairs & bringing bottle caps are A+. I will keep them in mind for the future.   
I dont think I have really have any good tips except look at a map of the venue before hand to have a plan & be familiar with the layout.
For ladies I dont bring my purse in, I just put keys/phone in pockets & money/ID/ticket in my bra. 

I need to get one of these, its called a RackTrap. Its a little wallet you can put in your bra.

yes! credit card and ID in the bra. A classic.

Offline honey_child

• Refugee
  • Speak
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »

Great idea! It also spares you the horror of seeing so many guys running into the venue while you're held up opening your purse to the only female security guard on duty.

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »
'Don't go'

Meatloaf 1994.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 04:20:58 PM »

Ticket in the bra, brilliant!! 

Offline AndyU2

• Numb
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
I know this may be a little off topic on tips but it's something I'd like to advise you fellow U2'ers not to say to tall people, but I know most of you won't.
Well, I'm about 6'9" -
I was in the GA line at one gig and someone said The best advice I'll give you is that you better stand to the very back of the stadium or you'll have bricks thrown at you. I felt like a loser in the GA line that day, I felt unwanted. My friend felt really bad for me because they were all telling me to stand in the back and it's not my fault I'm the height that I am. but then again when the gates opened me and my friend made a mad dash to the front, right in front of Bono's mic, front row.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:51:58 PM by AndyFC91 »

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
I know this may be a little off topic on tips but it's something I'd like to advise you fellow U2'ers not to say to tall people, but I know most of you won't.
Well, I'm about 6'9" -
I was in the GA line at one gig and someone said The best advice I'll give you is that you better stand to the very back of the stadium or you'll have bricks thrown at you. I felt like a loser in the GA line that day, I felt unwanted. My friend felt really bad for me because they were all telling me to stand in the back and it's not my fault I'm the height that I am. but then again when the gates opened me and my friend made a mad dash to the front, right in front of Bono's mic, front row.  ;D

You did right Andy.  If anybody says anything uncomplimentary about your height, tell 'em to f*** off. ;)

Offline honey_child

• Refugee
  • Speak
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »
Well, I'm about 6'9" -

Why should you have to move to the back? That's assy of them.

Of course, I might just be saying that because I'm tall for a girl :D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »

Adult diapers!! I kid you not! I am considering it next time. No trip to restroom, sanitary!  ;D