Author Topic: The Best Advice I got before a concert  (Read 9343 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: The Best Advice I got before a concert
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 11:57:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Adult diapers!! I kid you not! I am considering it next time. No trip to restroom, sanitary!  ;D

Ew!!!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
Adult diapers!! I kid you not! I am considering it next time. No trip to restroom, sanitary!  ;D

Ew!!!

I am told they are thin like underwear and absorb well !   ;)  Well I'll probably chicken out but I have heard people say they have actually done this in Times Square on New Year's Eve when you can't get to a restroom for over 12 hours  :D

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »
How do you handle going to the bathroom?

Can anybody answer Starman's question?

I thought diapers had to be changed after they were, erm, used? :P :P

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »
Plus you would smell bad. Imagine if Bono actually pulled you up on stage and, well.....

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »
Plus you would smell bad. Imagine if Bono actually pulled you up on stage and, well.....

Poor Bono. :D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
I am not talking about a big poop  :D  It is OK for just a bit of the other thing! You have not changed diapers have you? Trust me they don't stink for just a bit of um...number one.

I better get on to another topic  :D ;)

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »
I am not talking about a big poop  :D  It is OK for just a bit of the other thing! You have not changed diapers have you? Trust me they don't stink for just a bit of um...number one.

You kinda opened yourself up to all this. :P

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »

You kinda opened yourself up to all this. :P

My forum son is getting feisty  :P :D  Forget the diapers! But the story I told you about New Year's is true !

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 06:06:43 AM »
I read a story once ranking the different types of adult diapers (Wall Street Journal, I kid you not.)  The reporter said he had a really hard time even testing them, since it's so ingrained in us since about 2 years old not to pee in our pants.  He also said Eurpoean brands are way better than US ones.  We can put a man on the moon, but can't make good adult diapers?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »
I read a story once ranking the different types of adult diapers (Wall Street Journal, I kid you not.)  The reporter said he had a really hard time even testing them, since it's so ingrained in us since about 2 years old not to pee in our pants.  He also said Eurpoean brands are way better than US ones.  We can put a man on the moon, but can't make good adult diapers?

:D :D  Too funny lorijane! I always hear Depends brand advertised !

InThisHeartland

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »
Bathroom: Keep your empty bottles with caps. Be discreet. And as polite as you can in that situation. Worked for me in a couple all-day music festivals I've been to.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »

:D :D  Too funny lorijane! I always hear Depends brand advertised !

A friend (who shall remain VERY nameless  ;D) has to wear these and he's always having to change them. I don't think they're a good solution, myself. It's not hard to 'go' before the support group comes on and if you drink judiciously, you should get through the concert okay. I had a full liter of water before going in, and bought 2 bottles inside and that worked for me. Of course if you absolutely have to to have beer...

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 03:56:17 PM »
I simply didn't drink ANYTHING for about 3-4 hours before the concerts I went to. Yes, I was horrifically thirsty by the end, but I didn't have to pee during the show, either. And restrict what you drink during/before/after the show as well if you think you might be stuck getting out of the stadium. I was still in New Jersey two hours after my Meadowlands show. By the time I got to Penn Station in NYC, I and a bunch of guys who were on the same train RAN RAN RAN to a newsstand to buy enormous bottles of water.

GA, obviously, you're going to have to pee at some point. Bottles with no caps don't work if you're a woman, although there are bottles designed for women to 'go' in awkward situations without having to squat on the ground. Don't know how enthusiastic I'd be about using such a thing in full view of hundreds of people, though.

My mom uses adult diapers at night or when I have to leave the house for more than a few minutes. The brand you want to go with is Prevail. Not that I'd voluntarily use those, either. But they're on medical supply websites.

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
Best advice, buy another battery for your cell and carry it fully charged.  My cell died just as U2 took the stage. And carry extra batteries for your camera too.  If you take a lot of photos or vid your battery will drain faster than you could ever imagine. I have one of those over the shoulder pouches: Batteries, wet wipes are a must have.

There are some really good ideas here.  The bottle caps one is pretty smart.  I'm totally taking that advice.

Take water in with you, seems so simple, yet I was so organized before ...and for the show I forgot about the 1.5 to 2 hours of waiting inside on the floor after getting in.
I was so thirsty and didn't want to leave my spot for water.  In that in between time I went to the bathroom and then hurried back to my spot, people in GA were really nice but I could not do it later once GA filled in.

At one point I was so thirsty the girl in front of us went for a lemonade run...That was the best tasting lemonade I ever had, the first 3 sips of the GIANT VAT were great, but then I had this giant lemonade...clearly I had not thought this through.  I was just soo THIRSTY.

Depends...you guys are funny.  Believe me it crossed my mind 10 seconds into Streets...by that time I was seriously regretting the Lemonade.  But it's not like you "can't' jump to streets!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »
- Bring a friend, or make friends in line.  This will help with needing to leave your spot - and be nice to others who need you to hold theirs.
- Carry as little as possible.
- Line up for GA early, especially if you're short. 
- Don't hold spots for friends who won't be joining the queue for a long time.  It's impolite to let them cut people who have been waiting for hours.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Know your exit strategy.
- Have your mobile phone fully charged.
- Put the camera away and enjoy the show!  :)