Author Topic: Should @U2 create a new thread called 'Live Download Discussion'?  (Read 2597 times)

Offline morph

• Refugee
First up, apologies if the very subject of downloading live concerts which haven't been legitimized by U2 offends you.

Now let's talk ideas. When you're dealing with U2 live bootlegs, I'd hazard a guess that

a) many of us use U2start.com to download them (and brilliant it is too)

b) the material we find on there would be an interesting point of discussion on the U2 forums.

These two basic points sum it up for me, but I will go on if you'll permit some blabbing!

On the whole I don't agree with illegal music downloads and (very rarely!) participate in them. However, we do live in the 21st century now, and especially where live bootlegs are concerned, unofficial downloads have become part of the fan experience, irrespective of which band you're a fan of.

I don't want to sound all-knowing, but I'd hazard a guess that even Paul McGuinness would agree that fans being able to download and discuss live shows is one positive benefit of the internet. For that reason, I'd like to make a humble suggestion that @U2 dedicates a section of their forum for the discussion of this area.

If @U2 feels sensitive about highlighting/acknowleging concert downloads, it would be understandable - but to allow neutral participants to discuss this area would not incriminate them in any way. Quite the reverse, if the forum ignored this area, it would miss out on a useful area of discussion, and its related traffic.

Soooo! Two quick final points: (1) I'm not talking about LP downloads, just concert downloads ala U2start.com

(2) Many U2 fans use U2start - but THIS forum. Therefore I think it'd be a buzzing section of activity and a welcome addition to @U2.com.

Over to you/@U2. 

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Should @U2 create a new thread called 'Live Download Discussion'?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Guess you've missed this discussion....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[admin edit: fixed -  link was to mobile page]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:00:02 AM by m2 »

Offline morph

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
I guess so! Apologies and thanks for clearing it up.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:01:27 AM »
Um, that thread is pretty painful to read, so maybe the last message is the one that answers your question:

deco20

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:33:21 AM »
Um, that thread is pretty painful to read, so maybe the last message is the one that answers your question:

After reading or attempting to read that thread, I am now swamped with feelings of "thank-goodness-we-have-patient-mods".

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »
Such a great thread. My eyes have stopped bleeding now.