Author Topic: SPOILER: Official Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Set-List; 25th August 2010  (Read 9864 times)

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
Re: SPOILER: Official Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Set-List; 25th August 2010
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have to remember that U2 has *never* played Moscow.  There must be so many people there seeing U2 for the very first time, and I know I was tickled the first time I had a chance to sing along with Pride, ISHF, and the like.  I am all for shaking things up, but I understand exactly why Moscow is getting this set.  And I hope the security guys are getting into the spirit, too.

Exactly

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »
We have to remember that U2 has *never* played Moscow.  There must be so many people there seeing U2 for the very first time, and I know I was tickled the first time I had a chance to sing along with Pride, ISHF, and the like.  I am all for shaking things up, but I understand exactly why Moscow is getting this set.  And I hope the security guys are getting into the spirit, too.

Yup

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2010, 12:16:24 PM »
Wow, who would've thought we'd get such a boring setlist the show after this leg of the tour's most exciting one? Seriously, this one's a snoozer... no Glastonbury even? Yikes!

Just look at edfeat's post  :D Very very good point!

u2kennesaw,ga

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »
Glasto's my song  :( and efdeat is right
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:18:49 PM by u2kennesaw »

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

Agreed.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »

Agreed.

I GUARANTEE you the Russian fans are completey in heaven right now and effin digging this.  ;D

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
This is the kind of thing that I never thought would happen . . . U2 in Moscow.  When I was a kid the Cold War was still going on, and I grew up with this impression of the USSR as a place where all the joy had been squished out, like air vacuumed out of a plastic bag.

I realize that's very one-dimensional, but the point I'm trying to make is that I am ecstatic for the good vibes pulsing in the stadium right now!!!  Bring on some djembe Crazy.  :)

Offline ciaz

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »

One hundred percent agree with this. I bet they are loving NYD, ISFWILF, Pride, etc.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
I've always said that no matter what they play I will never be disappointed at a U2 concert.  :)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »

One hundred percent agree with this. I bet they are loving NYD, ISFWILF, Pride, etc.

Me too!
And I'm happy to *not* hear about any more problems. Here's hoping the U2 org can get the volunteer(s) released.

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
I've always said that no matter what they play I will never be disappointed at a U2 concert.  :)

True. When you're walking out, it's not like "Damn, I wished they played ____." You're more like "AHHHH MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLODE WITH AWESOMENESS!"  :D Am I right or am I right?  ;)

Offline DudeLove721

• Babyface
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
I understand why they're playing a greatest hits show tonight, it doesn't make it any less boring to me though. Great for those people having a great time, for me the setlist is boring... that's all I am saying.

Offline u2fannewyorkinok

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rut Roh!
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »

Right on! I was enjoying this concert very much until I had to jump onto a conference call. Darn job!

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »

Right on! I was enjoying this concert very much until I had to jump onto a conference call. Darn job!

agree with all these posts pointing out why they're playing more hits in Moscow.  but that doesn't explain IALW.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »
I was expecting a setlist like this and I bet they are loving it. Yes, it's still predictible but it isn't that bad of a setlist. Again, something other then MW, Miss Sarajevo and In A Little While would be welcomed for me. Can do without ISHFWILF and Pride as well. I've been hearing that live since '84!!!!  ;D