Author Topic: Zooropa & Rattle And Hum songs missing from 360 setlists  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
Zooropa & Rattle And Hum songs missing from 360 setlists
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
I'm at the point where I almost don't care what songs I hear at U2 show, but I always leave with a bigger smile when I hear something off of Rattle And Hum and Zooropa.  They largely excluded these albums during PopMart as well.  I would love it if Desire, All I Want Is You, Angel of Harlem, Stay, The First Time and even Dirty Day made their way onto a few setlists.  These are songs that have performed many times so it wouldn't be  big surprise to see them resurface.

Offline markreed

• Numb
Re: Zooropa & Rattle And Hum songs missing from 360 setlists
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
Stay and Angel Of Harlem have been played several times on 360.

Dirty Day hasn't been played since 93 so don't count on it. The rest you mention were played plenty on Vertigo.

Much as I'd love to have seen then do "Electrical Storm" at the shows I went to, I got other songs instead. Luck of the draw. If U2 polled everyone what songs to play, I'd imagine they'd be playing the full band of "Desire" a lot more often.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
I would be over the moon if they ever played Zooropa, Lemon or the full band version of Stay ever again

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
At least Stay, Desire and AoH have popped up a few times! Poor Boy and Pop had been totally excluded until last night!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »
I also think silver and gold should come back, one of my favourite b sides ever.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm at the point where I almost don't care what songs I hear at U2 show, but I always leave with a bigger smile when I hear something off of Rattle And Hum and Zooropa.  They largely excluded these albums during PopMart as well.  I would love it if Desire, All I Want Is You, Angel of Harlem, Stay, The First Time and even Dirty Day made their way onto a few setlists.  These are songs that have performed many times so it wouldn't be  big surprise to see them resurface.

I think that U2 should play a show with every album represented.  Unlike Zooropa or R&H (which at least had a few acoustic efforts) there has been absolutely NOTHING from Pop.  It's as if they have excised the album from their discography.  Yes I'm aware U2 have 'snippeted' Discotheque.

• Holy Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
In fairness, TD, however cynical you may be, the Discotheque snippet is the most extensive snippet I've ever heard of any song- the first verse at the start, then two verses, the chorus and the guitar riff later.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
They should play Please, it's as relevant as SBS so why not play it.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »
In fairness, TD, however cynical you may be, the Discotheque snippet is the most extensive snippet I've ever heard of any song- the first verse at the start, then two verses, the chorus and the guitar riff later.

That sounds like the entire song, the way you talk.  

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »
They should play Please, it's as relevant as SBS so why not play it.

My most played live recording.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »

I think that U2 should play a show with every album represented.  Unlike Zooropa or R&H (which at least had a few acoustic efforts) there has been absolutely NOTHING from Pop.  It's as if they have excised the album from their discography.  Yes I'm aware U2 have 'snippeted' Discotheque.

Please in place of SBS would be a nice change.

My belief is that songs like Desire and Stay are strong enough to be part of a regular setlist and they haven't been since ZOO TV/Zooropa.  I simply can't count an acoustic performance of Desire.

• Holy Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

That sounds like the entire song, the way you talk.  

Factually reciting the parts of the song they play is 'the way I talk'? O.o

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
the Discotheque snippet is the most extensive snippet I've ever heard of any song- the first verse at the start, then two verses, the chorus and the guitar riff later.

In all fairness, that's a snippet during I'll Go Crazy.  It's not even a part of a medley.

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
  • Ill come back above, when there is only love <3
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
I also think silver and gold should come back, one of my favourite b sides ever.

Saaaame !!!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 05:00:08 PM »

as I've said before, I'd like to see the '80s U2 material cut down to 3 songs max per show. I think of Rush and how, by the late '80s, they'd only play "Closer To The Heart" from their '70s work. well, that and a medley of pieces of 3 or 4 other songs.
hmmm, there's a topic...

#@!