Author Topic: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!  (Read 7945 times)

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
  • It's time to go again, to your blue room.
U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
Ok guys, the time has come- presale info has been released!!

And I quote from U2.com-
"The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:
Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.
Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.
All times are local."

So they are grouping everyone in together?? thats different... or maybe these are basic details and there will still be the tiered presale access according to group like always? Confused! Maybe i'll just wait for an email
It works for me however if they group everyone together all at once, since I think i'm still in the Boots priority group. On the flipside if I was in the Horizon or Breathe group i'd be a bit upset about not getting priority and such if that were the case?!

Anyhow... everyone share their presale jitters, tips, thoughts and words of advice if you've been through it all before. This will be my first presale purchase so i've still got two codes  ::)

Details for U2.com subscribers here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

;D ;D Gazza
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:48:39 PM by gazza_954 »

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
Re: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »
any word on the how many tickets you can buy for each show? not sure whether to sign up for the presale. hoping to go to a few of the concerts and would wanna buy a few tickets in a couple of cities.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:00:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
any word on the how many tickets you can buy for each show? not sure whether to sign up for the presale. hoping to go to a few of the concerts and would wanna buy a few tickets in a couple of cities.

It goes on sale Thursday. You'll be told I'm sure.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »

It goes on sale Thursday. You'll be told I'm sure.

ah yes but i'm trying to figure it out before i sign up to see if its worth it (or risk going with the general public scum).

theres info on the website about america and europe but of course it hasnt been updated with oz info.

Offline thetak111

• Stateless
  • The Future Needs A Big Kiss!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:10:58 AM »
I don't understand the priority groups. I subscribed today for the presale. When is mine?

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »
Last year we got 4 pre-sale tickets that we could use for the shows. In Europe, because of the ticketing company, you had to use all of them for one show-causing much trading and other hassles. In the US, because most tickets went through the same company, you could pick and choose how many to use for which concert for a total of 4.
If you've just signed up for U2.com, you'll be in the last group which is Boots, I believe. From what I saw last year, most shows did have decent tickets and GA available to the Boots group.

I joined the club and was very happy to be able to be in the pre-sale as it took away the hassles of trying to get GA. If you want seats, however, and the stadium looks HUGE you might be okay not joining the club. For 2010, I found better seats by going in person to the sale point after the main rush was over. In the states, you had to buy online for the first few days of sales.
I must add that I wasn't trying for the top price seats, those might be harder to get.

The RedZone auctions throw a bit of a monkey wrench into plans as they span the time before and after the intial sales. You never know if you'll win the auction so you end up buying two sents of tickets perhaps. Better to try for a show you might like to go RZ and buy tickets to the one you know you want to make. Did that make sense? I bought GA for Chicago 1 and RZ for Chicago 2 and that worked out well.

GOOD LUCK!

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 01:22:44 AM »
Priority groups WILL be staggered. Horizon first, then Breathe a couple of hours later, then Boots, then Magnificent.

If you signed up AFTER the 22nd August (ie post announcement) your pre sale opportunity will start on monday.

Check the U2.com FAQs for details.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:30 AM »
Last year we got 4 pre-sale tickets that we could use for the shows. In Europe, because of the ticketing company, you had to use all of them for one show-causing much trading and other hassles. In the US, because most tickets went through the same company, you could pick and choose how many to use for which concert for a total of 4.

i'd say aus will be most like the us with one promoter so likely will be simlar to that system i guess.

now the wifes sister wants to come with us so i will likely need more tickets in any case.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »
Priority groups WILL be staggered. Horizon first, then Breathe a couple of hours later, then Boots, then Magnificent.

If you signed up AFTER the 22nd August (ie post announcement) your pre sale opportunity will start on monday.

This was indeed the procedure for previous presales but it's unclear if this is the case for the gigs down under.
According to these details Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent & Boots subscribers are lumped in together,
this comprises of anyone who was a u2.com subscriber as at August 21st. This first presale is starting at 11am on August 26th (Aussie Time)

For people who are not familiar with the presale procedure, u2.com fan club subscribers were categorised into Groups, the subscribers with the longest period of u2.com membership - (e.g. Horizon), got first call on the presale, then followed by the other 3 groups, in staggered time slots.

It seems it's quite possible that u2.com are now diluting this, and people who have been members of the U2 fanclub for over 15 years(like yours truly) may be treated the exact same as those who signed up a month ago. 

Let's wait and see if this is the case, but it's not 100% clear either way at the moment.

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 08:40:44 AM »
If you've just signed up for U2.com, you'll be in the last group which is Boots, I believe.

I am now inclined to believe that a totally new group has been created for these subscribers- "Cedar". This is according to the further details released just earlier.
Briscotheque is right- details have just been added to the FAQ's on the Help section of U2.com today. They defo weren't there this morning when I created this post (hence my confusion at the beginning). See that page here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please- click the link even if you think you have it understood on your own. It pretty much clears everything up  :P

So as far as that page lets me know now- my presale access code count will soon stand at THREE (if I take renew my subscription now)  :o  eek!

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »

This was indeed the procedure for previous presales but it's unclear if this is the case for the gigs down under.
According to these details Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent & Boots subscribers are lumped in together,
this comprises of anyone who was a u2.com subscriber as at August 21st. This first presale is starting at 11am on August 26th (Aussie Time)

For people who are not familiar with the presale procedure, u2.com fan club subscribers were categorised into Groups, the subscribers with the longest period of u2.com membership - (e.g. Horizon), got first call on the presale, then followed by the other 3 groups, in staggered time slots.

It seems it's quite possible that u2.com are now diluting this, and people who have been members of the U2 fanclub for over 15 years(like yours truly) may be treated the exact same as those who signed up a month ago. 

Let's wait and see if this is the case, but it's not 100% clear either way at the moment.

Just confirming on this point too. Yes according this specific quote from the above mentioned FAQ page, the tiered system seems to be in place again.

"Q - How do I know what presale priority group I am?
A - The ticketing and presale process for the NZ/Aus 360 shows is different from earlier presales in Europe and in North America but no qualifying subscriber will face any disadvantage. All subscribers will be emailed with details of when they can enter the presales and all will get ample time to make their choice of ticket and venue ahead of the public onsale of tickets beginning at 1pm on Friday, September 3rd. (Please note: 'Horizon', 'Breathe', 'Boots' and 'Magnificent' subscribers retain their place in different presale priority groups for any future relevant presales. We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made. The exact times for access will be emailed to you and made available on the tour page of U2.com when you sign in.) The Account Info page also displays what group you are in."

So where we are at atm is- we have our day's and starting time for the presale but not specific time for each specific subscriber group (i.e. 'Horizon', 'Boots', 'Breathe' etc). It shows as "TBA" on the tour presale page so far.

Anyway, I would have thought they would confirm these times by now. I do have work to organise around this you know!! Im sure everyone is feeling the pinch there too.

Keep an eye out guys

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Have had to re-arrange a meeting to be free at 11:00am for pre-sale. Thankfully, I work for a sensible employer who tolerates "reasonable" personal usage of the internet. It must be tough for those unable to access the web at work. Or do you just chuck a sickie??  ;)

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 02:52:33 AM »
Eugh I'm stressed out about it too D:

I guess its what happens when you try to organise it with a couple friends...

Turns out we may be getting GA tickets :) so it solves alot of problems

:D:D I subscribed last sunday... which apparently is the cutoff day for getting into the first lot of pre-sale tickets... ...fortunately my account says otherwise and I'm apart of the Magnificent group! :D Maybe it was cause i bought the record a few months
ago? even though I didnt subscribe then i had my name in the system or something? I feel quite lucky anyways...

Though it sucks how they're not giving out enough info fast enough :/ giving us a night and a day to organise ourselves is very pressuring
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:19:56 AM by JSab »

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:13:33 AM »
Got an email yesterday that said "Subscribers will be emailed this week with details of presale timings" but there is now less than 15 hours until the pre-sale starts and I still I haven't seen an email. That's not leaving a lot of margin for error.

I also have 2 codes when I log onto U2.Com and not sure which one to use.  ??? Anyone help?

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 04:25:38 AM »
go with the older one first mike, the one the th U2... Or 2U2.... Prefix.

Seriously, u2.com are awful