Author Topic: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!  (Read 7934 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
Have posted some GENERIC seating plans of each stadium over here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 04:34:27 AM »
And if I've both of them?  ??? ???

Agree, the whole communication strategy of U2dotcom is pretty shabby

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 04:55:41 AM »
Just tried to go to U2.com and it told me it was having a "short lie down."  Good luck, you guys!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And if I've both of them?  ??? ???

Agree, the whole communication strategy of U2dotcom is pretty shabby

Sorry Mike, should have been clearer.

use the older ones first.

Tru the U2............ one, then the 2U2......... one, then the 3U2.......... one.

in my experience from the last leg when i bought tickets for LA and Vegas, and then tried again for Anaheim ones, reading the forums people seemed to have problems with the newer issued code, ie an unused code from leg 1 seemed to have less problems than a leg 2 code.

So start with the oldest mate.

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »
Thanks mate  :)

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
  • It's time to go again, to your blue room.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »
Thanks for those seating charts... I know I'll be going for "GA all the way" though  :P

Anyhow, with 10 hours to go till presale i'm still yet to recieve the email I was promised with my third code and final details for U2.com. Luckily I emailed the help contact page and got my third code sorted out and what not.

What is still unclear is the grouping/staggering arrangement? It's looking more and more likely that the one on the presale page as it is now is final (all groups except Cedar get the green light at 11am this morning?!) Will be interesting to see what post-presale discussions are regarding this if something goes wrong. i.e. the site crashes or some people from the top group miss out on tix etc or the world ends or... Ok, i'm going to stop myself now.

So here's something else I just noticed. On the ticketek page it states very clearly: "TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member"
Ummmm... what? This wasn't part of the plan! Hopefully it's just a miscommunication to Ticketek and translates into "4 ticket limit per presale-code". Surely ticketek will not be tracking each code in conjuction with the total number of codes used by each member? This is more U2.com's arena to do that. I'm still of the thought that everything will be OK and i'll be able to make two purchases of 4x GA tickets for one show. Time will tell!  ??? Someone get me a sick-bag!

Good luck everyone  :-\

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 10:17:14 AM »
What is still unclear is the grouping/staggering arrangement? It's looking more and more likely that the one on the presale page as it is now is final (all groups except Cedar get the green light at 11am this morning?!)
Thats exactly what I was saying in earlier posts, it still looks like older and newer members are all being lumped in together. - Apart from people who joined in recent days, who are classed as "Cedar" members.

So here's something else I just noticed. On the ticketek page it states very clearly: "TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member"
Ummmm... what? This wasn't part of the plan! Hopefully it's just a miscommunication to Ticketek and translates into "4 ticket limit per presale-code". Surely ticketek will not be tracking each code in conjuction with the total number of codes used by each member? This is more U2.com's arena to do that. I'm still of the thought that everything will be OK and i'll be able to make two purchases of 4x GA tickets for one show. Time will tell!  ??? Someone get me a sick-bag!

I don''t believe it is a miscommunication.
There was always a 4 ticket maximum PER PRESALE CODE.
Looks like these gigs are being sold on the same basis as the European gigs ,
i.e. max of 4 tickets per gig, and you cannot buy 2 tickets for Gig A, and 2 tickets for Gig B.

The U.S. presales also had a max of 4 tickets per gig, but also had the option of 2 for Gig A, and two for Gig B.
The reason for the difference I assume is that the U.S. presales were all sold on the one ticket system, (ticketmaster.com)but in Europe, where Ticketmaster do not (thank god) have a monoploy, different ticket systems were working toegther which made the 2+2 option impossible.

Just to clarify whats on the F.A.Q.:

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:25:23 AM by Falling At Your Feet »

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
  • It's time to go again, to your blue room.
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »
What is still unclear is the grouping/staggering arrangement? It's looking more and more likely that the one on the presale page as it is now is final (all groups except Cedar get the green light at 11am this morning?!)
Thats exactly what I was saying in earlier posts, it still looks like older and newer members are all being lumped in together. - Apart from people who joined in recent days, who are classed as "Cedar" members.

My apologies, you did indeed point this out and if you look at my original post, this is the impression I was initially under as well. There were some indicators that we were to await an email with final details from U2.com and that that email would contain 'staggered times' as Brisco said too. No email still on my end, 4 hours to go.  :(

I don''t believe it is a miscommunication.
There was always a 4 ticket maximum PER PRESALE CODE.
Looks like these gigs are being sold on the same basis as the European gigs ,
i.e. max of 4 tickets per gig, and you cannot buy 2 tickets for Gig A, and 2 tickets for Gig B.

The U.S. presales also had a max of 4 tickets per gig, but also had the option of 2 for Gig A, and two for Gig B.
The reason for the difference I assume is that the U.S. presales were all sold on the one ticket system, (ticketmaster.com)but in Europe, where Ticketmaster do not (thank god) have a monoploy, different ticket systems were working toegther which made the 2+2 option impossible.

Just to clarify whats on the F.A.Q.:

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

I can see what you mean here- but look at the statement in clearest form- "TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member". This in one interpretation implies 'forget having multiple codes, you can only buy up to four tickets per member anyway'. I understand about the 4 ticket limit per CODE, but now Ticketek is saying per member as well? Then you can go further and ask- do they mean per Ticketek member or U2.com member? Anyhow, i'm just trying to point out that any information released by Ticketek or U2.com must be very specific. U2.com has been fairly good in that department (FAQ section since update) but Ticketek aren't being specific, especially in relation to that quote.

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 04:43:34 PM »
Still no email either, but I notice in the FAQ that it says links to the presale will be in an email sent to your registered email address and also be given on the U2.com tours page. The links are there but Ticketmaster doesn't appear ready yet. Maybe at 11am the magic will happen........

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 04:56:17 PM »
No email yet and the Ticketek page has gone. It was showing the different classes of tickets and had the GA seats at $109.90, which was contrary to the advertised $99.90. The link to the ANZ Stadium map was also generic and not for the concert.

Not getting a good feeling about this

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Priority groups WILL be staggered. Horizon first, then Breathe a couple of hours later, then Boots, then Magnificent.

If you signed up AFTER the 22nd August (ie post announcement) your pre sale opportunity will start on monday.

Check the U2.com FAQs for details.

This is a disgraceful situation, as I suspected, there has been NO staggering of the priority groups. Subscribers at the time of writing have got no e-mails,
however well known u2.com mod - Baja Girl put up this post:

onlineBajagirl           #8      [url]       [-]

08/25/2010 18:30:40

Auckland presale has started.

I do not know why you have not received an email but it seems to be going correctly

Amendments: It seems there are only 2 categories, group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Boots and Magnificent) and Group 2 (Cedar) I repeat there is no staggered sale for the Down Under shows.

Also, for these shows RED ZONE is NOT an auction, it is a flat rate and is available via pre-sale

Thers is going to be a lot of dissapointed u2.com subscribers out there, especially the ones who have been subscribing for several years, as they were given the exact same priority as someone who joined u2.com 2 weeks ago.

The disorganisation involved in this presale, is simply staggering.

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 06:20:16 PM »
I still can't find info on Ticketek to say where seats are

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 07:03:37 PM »
Its now 11:00am and there is no option to purchase tickets on Ticketek  >:(

Offline honey_child

• Refugee
  • Speak
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 07:07:51 PM »
Got one!  ;D

Go through the link on the U2 dot com tour page.

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »
Got mine for Melbourne! ;D