Author Topic: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!  (Read 7888 times)

Sydney_Mike

Re: U2 Australia & NZ Presale Info!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »
Thanks Honey Child - just got 4 Arena Standing for Sydney :-)

Geez, they don't make it easy do they?

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
  • It's time to go again, to your blue room.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
Wow, now that was interesting. I managed to get all the tickets I need so far, 8x Sydney GA

I still have a third code left but I think ill reserve it for the second show's announcement :S

Yes- it is indeed poor that they are grouping all the membership catergories together. Although I'm mid-level and managed to get priority today along with the "oldies" I am still very upset for them as I would feel very ripped off as far as 'getting priority' goes. On the flipside, it seems still at this stage only the Red Zone's are selling out quickly and the rest are still "avaliable" as far as I know- for the Syd show anyway.

Also, whats with Melbourne's show only allowing GA and redzone for presale? I had a peek just now. Hmmm

Keep the good news coming through people  ;D Hope everyone is getting their preference

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got mine for Melbourne! ;D

Haha after a heap of stress and confusion I also got my Melbourne tickets.

As Briscoetheque said, ticketmaster presale seats arent the absolute best - I chose level 1 $175 seats and got almost directly opposite the stage on the other side of the arena :P (aisle 27), I think the view will be epic enough. Better than
on the higher levels I recon.

Also I found this if anyone wants a more detailed Etihad stadium map You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:47:50 PM by JSab »

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »
Wow, now that was interesting. I managed to get all the tickets I need so far, 8x Sydney GA

I still have a third code left but I think ill reserve it for the second show's announcement :S

Yes- it is indeed poor that they are grouping all the membership catergories together. Although I'm mid-level and managed to get priority today along with the "oldies" I am still very upset for them as I would feel very ripped off as far as 'getting priority' goes. On the flipside, it seems still at this stage only the Red Zone's are selling out quickly and the rest are still "avaliable" as far as I know- for the Syd show anyway.

Also, whats with Melbourne's show only allowing GA and redzone for presale? I had a peek just now. Hmmm

Keep the good news coming through people  ;D Hope everyone is getting their preference

Nah I got reserved seating tickets - Ticketmaster just made finding that area retarted by making it a completely separate page to GA and Redzone. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I managed to get a Magnificent membership, even though I joined up on Sunday avo where is said that those people can only get Monday pre-sales. I might've gotten in cause I had bought something from the website earlier? And also get email updates? I dunno, I guess I'm lucky.

And I agree - its really unfair that dedicated subscribers get no advantage over people like me. :/ really dodgy I'd say.

Oh well, hopefully everyone gets what they want :)

Offline whensday

• Refugee
  • Between day and naught
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »
Red Zone for Brisbane  ;D

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »
Got my email at 11.32am!!
Already got Red Zone for Melbourne going through the links in U2.com

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »

haha you serious! 32 mins after onsale. that is classic U2.com...

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »

haha you serious! 32 mins after onsale. that is classic U2.com...

Yep, efficiency at its best. Vorsprung durch Technik.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
Havent recieved any email :P. I got my tickets fine though.

Anyone remember when Bono wanted to talk to John Howard about debt relief and stuff? And Howard said some a****** comment along the lines of "I dont speak to irish rock stars" or something like that.

It'd be funny if by December our leader still isnt sorted out... so Bono would be like "um.... i wanna speak to Aus's leader but dont have one :S"

Offline blondee

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09:24 PM »
Hey guys... a friend signed up for the fan club thingy just this morning, i dont think he paid though, can you still buy the pre sale tickets on Monday ? Or do you have to be a paying subscriber to be eligible????? Its all rather difficult and confusing it seems!!!! Can anyone help me with this?? Cheers!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »
Hey guys... a friend signed up for the fan club thingy just this morning, i dont think he paid though, can you still buy the pre sale tickets on Monday ? Or do you have to be a paying subscriber to be eligible????? Its all rather difficult and confusing it seems!!!! Can anyone help me with this?? Cheers!

Must be paying subscriber. It's all there in the FAQs but I can see why you're confused... dogs breakfast that site.

Offline blondee

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
Ok that clears a bit of my confusion up! LOL. Thankyou!! Very much appreciated!! Man, i hope we can get tickets!!! Best band in the world!! :-)

Offline SirGazzatron

• Wanderer
  • It's time to go again, to your blue room.
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »

Oh aren't I the lucky duck then? I got my email a whole MINUTE before you! Sighhh...  why could I totally see this coming. I wonder what would have happened if their WAS a tiered system in place and that "nice and efficient" email didn't arrive any sooner still. I can think of at least ten different profanities I would have used on the spot.

Anyhow, seems mostly positive, I'm glad it's worked well for everyone on the most part.

NOW... to organise my Brussels tickets which I still haven't recieved. **Note to others: buy from someone who speaks english when going for second-hand tix!! What a nightmare it's been so far.

Gazza

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »

Mine came at 11:33 - about 25 minutes after I'd bought my tickets.  :D :D

Glad I was only going for GA, coz there was no way to know what seats were where. It must've been a real lottery for those wanting reserved seating.

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 05:52:21 AM »
Anyone who has or is going to access presale and can or have bought more tickets than they need, i would be very grateful if you wanted to sell it/them to me!!
(gen admission)
 ;D  ;D