Author Topic: Who's going to Rome?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Who's going to Rome?
« on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
Just wondered which of you lucky people will be attending the Rome gig in October, can't wait!

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Who's going to Rome?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »
as soon as announced tickets boughts, flights from manchester and a nice little bed and breakfast near to the stadium booked.

went in 2005 and the show was outstanding, the day was amazing, miss sarajevo and all i want is you, such a different show to the one i attended in manchester.

Have standing tickets, was in the pit in Dublin and didn't enjoy it, say behind th stage in sheffield and it was amaxing, so i'm think close to the rail edge side for Roma.

38 days and counting!!!!!!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
as soon as announced tickets boughts, flights from manchester and a nice little bed and breakfast near to the stadium booked.

went in 2005 and the show was outstanding, the day was amazing, miss sarajevo and all i want is you, such a different show to the one i attended in manchester.

Have standing tickets, was in the pit in Dublin and didn't enjoy it, say behind th stage in sheffield and it was amaxing, so i'm think close to the rail edge side for Roma.

38 days and counting!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more, on the rail edge is way better! See you there ;)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
38 days & counting---I said those very words when I woke up this morning  ;D

I have tickets behind the stage, which is a first for me, but I'm just so happy to see U2 in Rome, one of my favourite cities on the planet, that I don't really mind where I'm seated!

I'm staying in a hotel near the Colisseum and plan to do plenty of shopping while I'm there  :D

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »
38 days & counting---I said those very words when I woke up this morning  ;D

I have tickets behind the stage, which is a first for me, but I'm just so happy to see U2 in Rome, one of my favourite cities on the planet, that I don't really mind where I'm seated!

I'm staying in a hotel near the Colisseum and plan to do plenty of shopping while I'm there  :D

Take it from me the view i just as good from behind the stage, the sound there at sheffield was unbelieveable, considered this for rome but i thought lets try the pitch this time.

Offline Krissy2482

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »
Hi Everyone!!!
Just got my tickets booked for Rome!!! Im soo excited!! Im from California and never been to Rome. Im staying at the Grand Hotel Hermitage from Thursday Oct 7-Sun 10. I was wondering if anyone has any plans for fans to meet up the night before or after the concert.. as well, any tips on local hotspots are always welcomed. See you all in 5 weeks!!!!!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »
I'm up for meeting the night before somewhere, I'm going with 2 pals.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
I'm going to Rome - got Paris before that too!

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 03:43:28 PM »
I will be in Rome, doing the last 5 gigs of this leg starting in San Sebastian and ending in Rome! only 20 days now until I leave the UK my tour and start  woooooo!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 01:52:20 PM »
I've just discovered on the U2.COM site that there are plans for a fan meet-up at The Scholers Lounge Irish Pub the night before the gig, before the gig on the 7th and after the gig itself.I'm definitely going to go as it's not too far from my hotel  ;D

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »
See you there!

Offline stigman

• Party Girl/Boy
  • live is where we live
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »
heading to rome with 3 mates cant wait have seats behind the stage i had similar seats in cardiff and was a brilliant view point

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »
not sure i'll make it on the 7th and i'm staying quite close to the olympic stadium so looks a bit out of the way for me after the concert....i do believe it now 33 days and counting!