Author Topic: Un-automatically sign in  (Read 2010 times)

InThisHeartland

Un-automatically sign in
« on: September 04, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
Shared computer, nosy family. How do I stop being always signed in? I just want to be signed in when I put in the name and password

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: Un-automatically sign in
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
Why don't you set up individual profiles for each person using the computer? Each person then logs in as themselves and nobody can access anyone else's stuff.

InThisHeartland

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
I honestly don't know how to do that, and it sounds hard. plus, if i make myself a profile, then i will still always be signed in on my family's, right?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »
Heartland...isn't there a box that says keep me signed in for whatever you fill in? Make that blank and be sure you press Log Out in upper right hand corner  just below the @U2 logo on top. That signs you out and you must sign in with your password each time you come back. I have forgotten to log out , so don't forget if you don't want anyone there to come on.

I am certainly not a great person to ask these type of questions, but I think I am correct here. I hope I am  :D!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 03:01:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I honestly don't know how to do that, and it sounds hard. plus, if i make myself a profile, then i will still always be signed in on my family's, right?

It's not too difficult to set up but if you are not comfortable doing this, it may not be the best answer for you. What happens if you set it up (in Windows XP anyway) is that when you first turn on the computer, each person who has a profile on the computer will be listed on the first page the computer comes to as it starts. Anyone can click on any person's name, but you can password protect the ability to go beyond that screen.

Stronggirl's response may work better for you. I totally forgot about logging out as I never do it.

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 02:28:22 PM »

It's not too difficult to set up but if you are not comfortable doing this, it may not be the best answer for you. What happens if you set it up (in Windows XP anyway) is that when you first turn on the computer, each person who has a profile on the computer will be listed on the first page the computer comes to as it starts. Anyone can click on any person's name, but you can password protect the ability to go beyond that screen.

Stronggirl's response may work better for you. I totally forgot about logging out as I never do it.

I had this same issue for a while, from what I understand even if you create multiple accounts on your computer those other accounts will still be logged in as Heartland if they ever went to atu2. I might be wrong, but its also probably easier to log out.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
 I just log in and out from here  :D   My son gave me a page for my settings but I never set it up and used it. Perhaps I should. It is a good idea.