Author Topic: What 360 has become...  (Read 3052 times)

The Promenade

Re: What 360 has become...
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 02:14:59 PM »
Stingray is an INTRO to the main event ie BD. And if it WASN'T, it isn't a song from NLOTH. Something everyone here would agree with...

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »
It amuses me how 99.99% of people who say "Stingray is not really an opener!" have not actually seen it live.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
prom I love your avi :P

The Promenade

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It amuses me how 99.99% of people who say "Stingray is not really an opener!" have not actually seen it live.
Have you heard of the INTERNET? You can hear U2's groundbreaking new song on YouTube...

• Holy Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
And I can tell you that it's simply not even close to a similar experience.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
Have you heard of the INTERNET? You can hear U2's groundbreaking new song on YouTube...

Do you honestly believe there is no difference in watching a video online vs experiencing it live?

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 02:57:41 PM »
Paris 4th July 1987, U2 started their set with C'Mon Everybody. Streets wasn't even played. Who cares if U2 are playing Beautiful Day second, it's one of their best ever songs, they can do whatever they like. The band are not with No Line anymore, they are evolving and going in a new direction, hence the new songs and a fresh take on the setlist, a new album is on the way and they are altering the sets with accordance.

The Promenade

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »

Do you honestly believe there is no difference in watching a video online vs experiencing it live?
. Of course not. But you can judge if a song is any good by watching it on the INTERNET...

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »

. Of course not. But you can judge if a song is any good by watching it on the INTERNET...

to an extent, but we could say streets is ok on record, live however....

• Holy Joe
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
But you certainly can't judge how effective a live opener it is on the internet.

And yes, as has been noted, Joshua Tree tour concerts frequently opened with 'Stand By Me'. If you really want to make the argument that U2 had no confidence in JOSHUA TREE and that showed it was a bad album, be my guest but I wouldn't recommend it...

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
The later legs of the htdaab tour they were down to 3 or 4 new songs also.

This isn't a new thing.

On the Pop tour the only show I saw live had 10 new songs (of course pop was a stronger album than NLOTH, and miles ahead of htdaab). Byt he last show they were down to about 6.

The Promenade

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
But you certainly can't judge how effective a live opener it is on the internet.

And yes, as has been noted, Joshua Tree tour concerts frequently opened with 'Stand By Me'. If you really want to make the argument that U2 had no confidence in JOSHUA TREE and that showed it was a bad album, be my guest but I wouldn't recommend it...
stand by me was a segue to the main event, Streets. I watched them do it at Wembley. To all intents and purposes, Streets was the first song.

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
There are already five topics related to what you're saying here, may be its a better idea to post in one of those instead of creating a 5th thread about the same thing.

. Do you fancy yourself as a moderator?

That depends, do I have to be a moderator to be a little annoyed seeing a ton of threads saying the exact same thing?

The Promenade

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
Well gnmmet, lots of people have replied to this thread so I would say you're in the minority...

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 05:10:14 PM »

How many of you think Bono's voice was shot in Sarajevo in '97? Were you there? How many think Bono climbed a scaffold on the War Tour? Were you there? How many of you think JFK got shot in '63? Were you there?