Author Topic: What 360 has become...  (Read 3138 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: What 360 has become...
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It amuses me how 99.99% of people who say "Stingray is not really an opener!" have not actually seen it live.

How many of you think Bono's voice was shot in Sarajevo in '97? Were you there? How many think Bono climbed a scaffold on the War Tour? Were you there? How many of you think JFK got shot in '63? Were you there?

I saw 2 guys on the grassy knoll, 1 in the book dipository and 2 by the picket fence. ''Back and to the left''

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »
It amuses me how 99.99% of people who say "Stingray is not really an opener!" have not actually seen it live.

How many of you think Bono's voice was shot in Sarajevo in '97? Were you there? How many think Bono climbed a scaffold on the War Tour? Were you there? How many of you think JFK got shot in '63? Were you there?

I saw 2 guys on the grassy knoll, 1 in the book dipository and 2 by the picket fence. ''Back and to the left''

Was Lee Harvey Oswald the face you saw in the book depository?

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

I don't know I didn't have time to get my binoculars out. He looked more like Lieutenant Gordon from Batman Begins, without the moustache....

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »

I don't know I didn't have time to get my binoculars out. He looked more like Lieutenant Gordon from Batman Begins, without the moustache....

Oh I see, you were joking. :P  Very funny. >:(

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »

But this is judging how a song works as a live piece when you have not seen it as a live piece. It's more like asking if people saw JFK get shot before conducting an investigation into the psychological state of witnesses to the JFK shooting.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »
A new thread, the same subject.

The Promenade

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 01:40:39 AM »
Have you heard of the INTERNET? You can hear U2's groundbreaking new song on YouTube...

Do you honestly believe there is no difference in watching a video online vs experiencing it live?
.  Of course I don't. But you CAN tell if you LIKE a song from LISTENING to it on YouTube...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:44:05 AM by The Promenade »

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »
Have you heard of the INTERNET? You can hear U2's groundbreaking new song on YouTube...

Do you honestly believe there is no difference in watching a video online vs experiencing it live?
.  Of course I don't. But you CAN tell if you LIKE a song from LISTENING to it on YouTube...

I disagree.  Tinny, distorted bootleged audio doesn't do justice to live music.  I can't even stand to listen to most U2 songs on youtube, because the quality is so crummy.

Fact is you want to bash them, so you find a reason too.

The Promenade

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »

I disagree.  Tinny, distorted bootleged audio doesn't do justice to live music.  I can't even stand to listen to most U2 songs on youtube, because the quality is so crummy.

Fact is you want to bash them, so you find a reason too.

I'm not saying it can do justice to a song - I'm saying you can get a reasonable idea as to wether you LIKE a song or not from youtube...

In terms of me bashing them you are wrong. I don't like their new material - I'm not bashing them for the sake of it. I'm saying I don't like it and why I don't like it. If they had just performed The Fly live on this tour I would have said wow, what a great new tune. But they haven't so I'm not...

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 12:42:04 PM »

. Of course not. But you can judge if a song is any good by watching it on the INTERNET...

Not necessarily. Some people choose to hate everything U2 does. Because they feel like it.