Author Topic: U2 to play South Africa in 2011?  (Read 14164 times)

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
Re: U2 to play South Africa in 2011?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 11:54:48 PM »
WOW! It looks like it - wel, at least we will have a close second biggest :). But you have to agree that for an African country - it is not a bad effort :) - especially for U2.

Offline BS

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »
Quick question: did any of you also purchase tickets by means of the U2.com presales? If so, have you received your tickets yet? Or do you know when or how we will be receiving them?

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
I have bought tickets through the U2.com pre-sales and have received nothing yet - getting a bit worried to be honest!. I have no idea when they will be arriving, and as I struggled terribly to get Artificial horizon here - took an extra 3 months - I hope that this won't be the case again as I will miss the show - which is truly not even an option!. Apparantly you have to wait untill 2 weeks before the show before you can start enquiring about it - and that is cutting it close IMHO....

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have bought tickets through the U2.com pre-sales and have received nothing yet - getting a bit worried to be honest!. I have no idea when they will be arriving, and as I struggled terribly to get Artificial horizon here - took an extra 3 months - I hope that this won't be the case again as I will miss the show - which is truly not even an option!. Apparantly you have to wait untill 2 weeks before the show before you can start enquiring about it - and that is cutting it close IMHO....

I can't believe I forgot to ban that avatar.

:P

;D

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
 ...the only way that the hakka wil sound like anything will be when U2 compose and produce it  ;)

Offline JuneT

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »

I contacted etix.com about the presale tickets on Monday and was told that they don't even have the tickets yet but expect to receive them in the very near future. When they get the tickets a final decision will be made as to distribution and we will be contacted. Someone else contacted the promoter and was told that the tickets are with Live Nation UK.....this is not very reassuring, especially for those of us who have to travel to South Africa for the shows. It won't do me any good to have the tickets arrive at my home after I've left for South Africa :(

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 01:57:43 AM »
...the only way that the hakka wil sound like anything will be when U2 compose and produce it  ;)

;D ;D :D

Offline Prodigal

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 02:01:35 AM »
etix email last night says they will be setting up a collection point in JHB for JHB concert.
Not very helpful for myself and others in my party who are flying up on the Sunday of the concert itself. That's leaving it a little too late I would think...especially it being a Sunday, that collection point better be open and close to either the airport or the venue!

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 02:02:49 AM »
Thanks to a very helpful forum member, jenniferh I have learnt to upload images!
Just to give you a taste, this is where U2 will be performing in SA!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SoccerCity, Johannesburg

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Greenpoint Stadium, Cape Town

Springbok, why did you buy on presales?? Weren't in the mood for queuing or what? I have mine! Safely put away...

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 02:05:19 AM »
etix email last night says they will be setting up a collection point in JHB for JHB concert.
Not very helpful for myself and others in my party who are flying up on the Sunday of the concert itself. That's leaving it a little too late I would think...especially it being a Sunday, that collection point better be open and close to either the airport or the venue!

To play it safe, why don't you purchase new tickets ( if any left....) and resell yours once you get them. That way you are guaranteed of seeing the show! THat's what I would have done..

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

Maybe Take That can improve the choreography.

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
More tickets available....

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2011, 05:27:44 AM »
Does anyone know at what Airport they will arrive in south Africa and on what date??

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
Does anyone know at what Airport they will arrive in south Africa and on what date??

I've tried to get this info out of Bigconcerts but with no luck. Fortunately in Cape Town, we have only one airport!
However, If you do find out, let me know!  Still trying to see If I can make it to Joh'burg as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:36:47 AM by pilgrimtogo »

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
...and I'm trying to get to Cape town  ;). Yip there is at least 3 options in JHB- but I doubt that it will be possible to find out...