Poll

Which songs from NLOTH will be regulars on future tours?

No Line On The Horizon
9 (7.4%)
Magnificent
41 (33.6%)
Moment of Surrender
28 (23%)
Unknown Caller
2 (1.6%)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Regular)
7 (5.7%)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
8 (6.6%)
Get On Your Boots
21 (17.2%)
Stand Up Comedy
1 (0.8%)
Fez- Being Born
0 (0%)
White As Snow
0 (0%)
Breathe
5 (4.1%)
Cedars of Lebanon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: What NLOTH songs will we see on future tours?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: What NLOTH songs will we see on future tours?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »
Back on point, the question stands; where will any of the NLOTH songs fit in the set of the next tour?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Back on point, the question stands; where will any of the NLOTH songs fit in the set of the next tour?

That's not always all that relevant. Discotheque or Mofo would fit perfectly with the Go Crazy part of the 360 tour and yet has been totally absent; Please would have slotted in brilliant to the Love and Peace / Sunday / Bullet section of Vertigo, etc.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »

That's not always all that relevant. Discotheque or Mofo would fit perfectly with the Go Crazy part of the 360 tour and yet has been totally absent; Please would have slotted in brilliant to the Love and Peace / Sunday / Bullet section of Vertigo, etc.

Oh I agree, it all depends on how well-loved by U2 the NLOTH songs are.  I'm sure that on the next tour Vertigo will be more likely to be found a berth in the set than Get On Your Boots.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
I think the band love Magnificent and are almost certain to retain a place for it. (Unfortunately; it's my least favourite of the live songs from the album although it's still great!)

I also think the band have MASSIVE affection for Moment since they do talk it up a lot, they always, always play it (Even when they had to skip UV and WOWY they played Moment!), they draw attention to it by ending with it, we know they considered it as a single and Brian Eno adores it. I think it'll make surprise appearances, not necessarily as a regular, on future tours- but they'll need to find the right place for it in the set!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
I think the band love Magnificent and are almost certain to retain a place for it. (Unfortunately; it's my least favourite of the live songs from the album although it's still great!)

I also think the band have MASSIVE affection for Moment since they do talk it up a lot, they always, always play it (Even when they had to skip UV and WOWY they played Moment!), they draw attention to it by ending with it, we know they considered it as a single and Brian Eno adores it. I think it'll make surprise appearances, not necessarily as a regular, on future tours- but they'll need to find the right place for it in the set!

Possibly a shortened live version of MOS would work mid-set?

If and hopefully when, I go to see U2's next tour (in arenas), I'd most like to hear Unknown Caller, though I doubt I'll get to see it since they've already ditched it on their current tour.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »
When I come to think of it, I don't think we will see any NLOTH songs on the next tour.

That just wont happen.  U2 has never not played songs from the previous album/tour on the next tour

Not true.  No Zooropa songs were performed during the entire PopMart Tour.

Nope, they played the perfecto remix of Lemon at Popmart Mexico.

I wouldn't count a pre-recorded remix of Lemon that they played over the speakers while the mirrorball Lemon was moved into position.

Offline Chip

• Numb
  • "Hey, I've been waiting to get home a long time"
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 10:05:15 PM »
You should have the option of "none," which is what I would pick. NLOTH songs clearly are going the way of the dodo live. Too bad, as it's still U2's best album artistically since Zooropa.

If there's one exception, it would probably be "Moment of Surrender," since the band is showing a commitment to it live. (It seems to have bothered them that people didn't know "Breathe" as the first song, but the same is true of "Moment of Surrender," and quite a few people leave during it.) However, we're talking about maybe one more tour maximum, and more likely only part of one tour. MOS's fate will probably be similar to "Please," another song the band apparently loves but has only played in a certain context since then.

No NLOTH songs will become concert staples.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 10:18:21 PM by Chip »

Boom Cha!

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
I voted Boots. It works great live and it'll get the crowd going like Elevation and Vertigo do.

I'm not sure about all of the others though. Maybe Magnificent.  :-\

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
Magnificent and Boots will definitely pop up! And I can see NLOTH and MOS and maybe even Breathe making appearances.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
The only ones i think will survive are Magnificent and Boots . There is a possibility that MOS could still make it as the show closer as its hard to see where they could fit it into the set apart from the end .
think this is a real shame as i love NLOTH

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 05:19:22 AM »
You have to eliminate the NLOTH songs that have already been ditched.

Then you eliminate Moment of Surrender because it is too long a song and too closely associated with the 360 Tour (same was as Sometimes You Can't Make It was to the Vertigo Tour) that its virtually impossible to make an appearance in the next succeeding tour.

Since NLOTH had poor sales and zero hits, I doubt U2 will continue with songs from this album except for perhaps Magnificent. 

Cheers,

J

Offline mboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »
Magnificent and Boots I guess