Author Topic: U2 In The Northeast United States?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
U2 In The Northeast United States?
« on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
When do you think U2 will start touring in the New England/Northeast region here in the United States? Please answer because I'm sick of being antsy over it

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
Re: U2 In The Northeast United States?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »
My guess is that if they're touring Europe in the summer we'll probably see them here in the fall.  :P

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
My best guess is sometime this Autumn.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »
I place a bet they will be in NYC area Oct/Nov.  They always are. ;)

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:27:19 PM »
With nothing of concrete to go on really, bar some Bono scraps, and rumours, it's all speculation really, but looking at the big picture, I can see U2 in Europe through to early August, so if that happens, they could be over there by early September.

I am basing this on starting here in Europe around June 19th and finishing off by around August 10th, a few weeks off and then US rehersals followed by the US tour perhaps by mid September at the latest.

Whats really interesting about the timing of the next tour, is that they will probably continue touring the US until Christmas, the question is, do they do some indoor shows in Europe after this ? or c ontinue in the US in 2010.The O2 London in particular is hotly tipped, and there have been a few notable improvements in indoor venues in Europe. For me(if it happens) it points to multiple shows in 5 or 6 venues across Europe (including the truly magnificent O2 in Dublin, which is the best indoor venue I have ever been in.) Then presumably back to the US for more.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:46:34 PM »
Do you think they'll do a suprise visit and sing somewhere in the NYC? I love that rooftop thing or street thing, its fun....

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do you think they'll do a suprise visit and sing somewhere in the NYC? I love that rooftop thing or street thing, its fun....

No, they're doing that in Boston for this tour (fingers crossed  ;) )

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »
I need to be there for that if it happens, that would be some party, all the streets blocked off and then slowly you hear the music coming in the distance and its them.  :)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
What about following the summer European leg with in order
Sept. in northern latitude US/Canadian stadium shows
Oct. in mid latitude US stadium shows
Nov. and early Dec. in domed US stadiums and warm southern US spots
Jan. and early 2010 can include spots in Mexico city, South America and award shows

It seems like in Europe it will be the soccer stadiums (or something large).  In the US, do you see them playing solely football stadiums (American football) or perhaps a few baseball stadiums?  I think that in certain markets the baseball stadiums could be set up for a great concert experience.

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »
U2 seems to follow a pretty consistent pattern of starting their tours in the U.S.

Popmart Leg 1: started in Las Vegas, NV on April 25, 1997 and started in Europe until July 18th

Elevation Leg 1: started in Miami, FL on March 24, 2001 and started in Europe until July 6th

Vertigo Leg 1: started in Los Angeles, CA on March 26, 2005 and started in Europe until June 9th

So, based on that, I'm not sure why most people seem to think they are going to start in Europe.  My money is on Leg 1 in the U.S. this Spring, Leg 2 in Europe this Summer, Leg 3 in the U.S. this Fall and Leg 4 and/or 5 in Mexico/Brazil/Chile/Argentina/Australia/New Zealand/Japan/etc.

I would also bet on them playing shows in the Northeast both during the 1st and 3rd legs.

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
I just cant see Spring in the US. It is almost Spring and the album isnt even out. Last tour I bought tickets nine months in advance - that was almost at the end of the US tour, though.
My bet is on Europe for the summer and US in Fall. Cant go too late too far north in stadiums.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
@chefconti - Bono has been telling fans the tour will start in June in Spain.