Author Topic: Keep The Crowd Going?  (Read 1092 times)

dcmarlow

Keep The Crowd Going?
« on: October 09, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
I have tickets for the U2 show in Minneapolis next July. Yes, the FINAL SHOW. However, my seats are way in the back and i'm afraid that people will be ethier sitting down/standing around the whole time, and not jumping and clapping their hands. This will also be my first U2 concert, so I want the experience to be one I won't forget. How could I take part in making sure these people are on their feet like they should be?

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Keep The Crowd Going?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
You shoulda gone down to Buenos Aires. ;)

satellitedog01

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »
Buy some GA tickets if there are any left, and you won't have a problem to begin with.

dcmarlow

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 02:40:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Buy some GA tickets if there are any left, and you won't have a problem to begin with.
there were none, because this was one of the rescheduled concerts from this summer. tickets that were already bought were still good

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »
dc, congrats on your first gig!!!  I am sorry the band had to postpone it . . . waiting is the hardest part.

U2 will do everything they can to make sure those folks are on their feet - switching the opener from Breathe to Beautiful Day seems to be a good move in this regard.  And if you look like you are having a blast, the concert-goers around you will probably get up, too!  Just don't spill anyone's beer or jump on anyone's purse/handbag/whatever.  ;)

And can we say craigslist if you are wanting GA tickets??!?!?!?  Have a blast!!!  :)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
As it gets closer to the concert, you might find some GA either in the ticket section of AT U2 or on Interference. com. DON'T pay over face value! Even going to the GA line the day of the show might score you some.

If they're sitting down too much, wait till they go to the bathroom and put whoopie cushions on their chairs! ;D

I'm stuck with seats for at least 2 of 3 concerts because of health concerns. If my neighbors are stick-in-the-muds I'm getting up and moving to the aisle. There's no way I'm seeing U2 from a seat-but I need one available just in case. :(

InThisHeartland

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
I was in your exact situation last year, my first show, had seats, but i had the time of my life. i jumped so much that my calves wouldnt work for three days after the show! there were people sitting all around me but it really doesnt matter when the show starts.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, the FINAL SHOW.

Not if they play Pittsburgh!  ;) Either way, I doubt that the tour will end in NA.

Anyways, forget about everyone around you, just enjoy yourself and the band. They obviously shouldn't be there if they aren't going to enjoy the show.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
Don't worry about what the people around you are doing, just enjoy yourself.  Look at it this way, if no one in your section is up on their feet screaming and cheering then when the band looks your way they'll see you!  Have a great time!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:56 AM »
Just stand up and dance !!