Author Topic: Is Bono's physical condition (i.e. weight) affecting his performance?  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
Re: Is Bono's physical condition (i.e. weight) affecting his performance?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On what planet is this overweight?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In the interest of being scientific, I have examined this picture carefully.  I can safely say, after careful, detailed observation that he looks fine to me.

Appreciate your sacrifice, Mandles. I agree, he looks in great shape to me!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
All you whiners complaining he doesn't move so much, just wait till you're coming up on 50.

As someone who is a few years away from it, let me tell you that EVERYTHING becomes tougher to do physically. Getting out of bed, walking up and down stairs, etc. Things start to creak and crack, and every injury takes longer to heal.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe that is true. My next door neighbor is 85 and he only gave up running 10 miles regularly in the past 5 years! He started running competitively at age 57!
Maybe you need a checkup, JTBaby, if you're feeling that badly. HUGS
I have Fibromyalgia, and at age 56 was still lifting weights and doing hour-long workouts. We don't age that quickly, folks! Not if we try to keep in shape, which is clearly what Bono is doing.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 01:34:40 AM »
I wouldn't say he's overweight but my wife did notice in Rome that he burst his trousers, thankfully he did cover himself up for the rest of the show though, by tying his top round his waist.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 03:52:11 AM »
I wouldn't say he's overweight but my wife did notice in Rome that he burst his trousers, thankfully he did cover himself up for the rest of the show though, by tying his top round his waist.

Had he split his trousers along the seam that would have been a sign that he needed to drop a few pounds, however they torn in a play that indicates either shoddy workmanship or that they caught on something. Check out Mon's avi. The pants tore on the thigh and those thighs are in great shape.

mariamontreal

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
Back off, he looks great to me , I am his age . He is not overweight . How many of you at 50  can endure a world tour like him ? Honestly .. he is fine by me he is in good shape for his age . He is so sexy .....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:44:04 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
I agree with everyone here, he looks great and is far from lazy.  I think it's funny how the original poster is now nowhere to be seen! ;)  Excellent work everyone.  **applause, applause**.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
On what planet is this overweight?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In the interest of being scientific, I have examined this picture carefully.  I can safely say, after careful, detailed observation that he looks fine to me.

Appreciate your sacrifice, Mandles. I agree, he looks in great shape to me!

Oh, the sacrifices we must make!    ;)  :D   Yep... just looking at how fit he is, has used up some calories !  ;D  And I don't mind the shoddy workmanship of his leathers either!   8)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »
All you whiners complaining he doesn't move so much, just wait till you're coming up on 50.

As someone who is a few years away from it, let me tell you that EVERYTHING becomes tougher to do physically. Getting out of bed, walking up and down stairs, etc. Things start to creak and crack, and every injury takes longer to heal.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe that is true. My next door neighbor is 85 and he only gave up running 10 miles regularly in the past 5 years! He started running competitively at age 57!
Maybe you need a checkup, JTBaby, if you're feeling that badly. HUGS
I have Fibromyalgia, and at age 56 was still lifting weights and doing hour-long workouts. We don't age that quickly, folks! Not if we try to keep in shape, which is clearly what Bono is doing.

I'm atually fine, thanks. All i'm saying is that under no circumstances am I in the same shape as when i was 25. And neither are you. Or your next door neighbor.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 05:09:31 AM »
It's important to remember that we're talking about the physical fitness of a man who's battled a throat cancer scare and near-paralysis in the past ten years.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 05:57:32 AM »
It's important to remember that we're talking about the physical fitness of a man who's battled a throat cancer scare and near-paralysis in the past ten years.

And those are just the things we know about. Let's not forget all the concert injuries.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:29 AM »

And those are just the things we know about. Let's not forget all the concert injuries.

Yeah, like that popped shoulder he got in '87.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »

And the damage that builds up from falling all those times. The dude has fallen off the stage more times than than a coked up runway model in 8 inch platforms!

Offline Belisama

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 06:50:08 AM »

And the damage that builds up from falling all those times. The dude has fallen off the stage more times than than a coked up runway model in 8 inch platforms!

And you know. all those times Larry popped him. . .

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »

That's just downright poetic, Monica! *High five*

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »

That's just downright poetic, Monica! *High five*

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut occasionally.