Author Topic: Share your silly DEMANDS, ADVICE, SLOGANS for/about U2 for fun!!!  (Read 6368 times)

satellitedog01

Re: Share your silly DEMANDS, ADVICE, SLOGENS for/about U2 for fun!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
Whatever you post make it RAAADDD!!! :-)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:11 PM »
Didnt someone on a previous thread mention that Bono is like Samson.... he loses his strength whenever he cuts his hair... ;)

Offline BonoForPresident

• Staring at the Sun
  • Bad cop dont give a damn!
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
I have been wondering about U2s tours in the future! How can it get any bigger than the 360 shows? I mean the stage, the view, the lenght? They have outdone them selfes this time! What are they gonna do next....play on the moon? So I thougth what if U2 were to resurrect the ZOO TV tour? Or POPMART? Or even Red Rocks? Making the show exactly like it was back in the day! THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING!!  :o

satellitedog01

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »
DO NOT REMAKE, REINVENT!

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Not walking away... gonna find a better line.
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have been wondering about U2s tours in the future! How can it get any bigger than the 360 shows? I mean the stage, the view, the lenght? They have outdone them selfes this time! What are they gonna do next....play on the moon? So I thougth what if U2 were to resurrect the ZOO TV tour? Or POPMART? Or even Red Rocks? Making the show exactly like it was back in the day! THAT WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING!!  :o

YES!    BE THE FIRST BAND TO PLAY ON THE MOON !!

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
Do not sing about the following things....

-Moles
-Holes
-Hot Weather
-Butter toast
-Cockatoos
-Chinese Stocks
-Stripteases
-Old Ladies
-Traffic Cops
-Oranges
-Tanks
-Polyester shirts

May I add 'knees' / 'kneeling' / 'being brought to your knees' / 'getting up off your knees' / anything below the upper part of your leg.

I loved the use of 'cockatoo' by the way.

Offline vertigo 77

• Stateless
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »
Just play more Adult Contemporary songs not what my students hear. No riffing with Jay-Z, no gospel sounding tracks, and no Muse like synthesizers. Bono once said NLOTH were too deep for most people because of our diet from pop music. No I don't think so. I just wasn't feeling it.

I want the U2 from the 80's to 90's (except Zooropa)  sound and musicality back because that was when they were their highest level of creativity. I mean Bono even did some solo projects, one being Save the Children cover. A popular song by Marvin Gaye. I think most would agree that they have drawn away from that era not because of the time or fan base but what is popular. I would like for my demand to have an explanation. And one last DEMAND: BONO STOP SAYING AT THE END and DURING THE CONCERTS TO SUPPORT RED, EDUN, AND HOW MUCH WE GAVE YOU A GREAT LIFE AFTER YOU TORE UP WOWY. That made me go more bootleg for more U2 unheard tracks!

There's my 2c...   

satellitedog01

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2010, 04:06:01 AM »
Although I don't agree with dropping gospel stylings and interesting synths, I agree with the "Great life" comment, V77, though there's not much to get on bootlegs anymore...

ANYWAY, I'D LIKE TO ASK EVERYBODY TO TRY AND COME UP WITH CONCISE, SHARP ONE LINERS!

This thread wasn't inteded to become a regular conversation. I'd like to read crystalline thoughts!

Some good ones already, and the ideas are there, so

THANK YOU, and KEEP POSTING!

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »
work with Kanye. if he can produce Kid Cudi and Jay-Z, then he can make U2 huge superstars in no time.

also, they should do a song with Lady Gaga or Ke$ha.

AND ADD IN MORE SYNTHS!!!!

Offline vertigo 77

• Stateless
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »
satellitedog01 Get a life! I can say whatever I want and there are a lot on bootlegs around. Duh?! Have u not heard of "opinions" and "discourse"? Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't make you laugh boo-hoo. I wrote a "silly" demand and FYI slogans is spelled this way not slogens. Were you thinking of sloth perhaps? U think just because you created a thread with a silly name to mash up other people point of view? Well I can see in hindsight that you have nothing else to do with time but show deconstruction for those You FEEL DON'T CLICK! Wow U2 and Co. will be really proud of your loyalty and subordination. I do wish Bono will stop saying that at concerts. satellitedog01 maybe needs a time out for their lack of respect towards other people responses. 

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 07:25:51 AM »
Done is better than perfect.

WIN. I agree.  ;D

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »
also, they should do a song with Lady Gaga or Ke$ha.

LMAO! Can you imagine Edge and Lady Gaga!? NO--even better: Larry and Lady Gaga! Oh, AP, I agree with you just so I could see Larry's sourpuss expression. I would die laughing.

Offline Bundang Dave

• Staring at the Sun
  • It's not what I want; it's what I need.
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 07:27:32 AM »
-screw punctuation and paragraph breaks--they're for commercial wannabe's like coldhead and radio play

-WRITE IMPORTANT AND/OR ANGRY LYRICS IN LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS THAT YOU STILL HAVE A CHIP ON YOUR COLLECTIVE SHOULDERS

Offline uffe

• Stateless
  • Made in the snow, made in Sweden
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 07:34:44 AM »
Back to basics
Go crazy
Have fun

satellitedog01

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »
satellitedog01 Get a life! I can say whatever I want and there are a lot on bootlegs around. Duh?! Have u not heard of "opinions" and "discourse"? Oh, I'm sorry that I didn't make you laugh boo-hoo. I wrote a "silly" demand and FYI slogans is spelled this way not slogens. Were you thinking of sloth perhaps? U think just because you created a thread with a silly name to mash up other people point of view? Well I can see in hindsight that you have nothing else to do with time but show deconstruction for those You FEEL DON'T CLICK! Wow U2 and Co. will be really proud of your loyalty and subordination. I do wish Bono will stop saying that at concerts. satellitedog01 maybe needs a time out for their lack of respect towards other people responses. 

Why so offended Vertigo? I did not attack you at all. I did want to give a guideline to a thread I started, to keep it evolving in the direction I wanted it to follow, for more than a couple of pages. To state some thoughts in a different way for once. I think it would be more fun to read tongue-in-cheek/crazy one liners than the same opinions regurgitated in endless other threads. As for "slogan", in English it is written like that, you're right, it slipped my attention.
Bootlegs? I love bootlegs, have bought a few dozen on CDs 12-10 years ago, and have got some for free since then too. It's just that nowadays, you don't do financial damage to U2 with downloading, as they are free, you don't have to decide on what you spend your money on anymore. Everything cleared up? I don't mind having a different opinion to you at all, and I'm not a fanatic U2 worshipper either.

OK, LET'S MOVE ON!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:31:42 AM by satellitedog01 »