Author Topic: 2010 U2 Fan Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange  (Read 2685 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: 2010 U2 Fan Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »
No need to feel silly hj, I don't think they sent the list yet.
 ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
List hasn't been sent yet, hj!

Just wanted to post here - if someone named Kevin from the UK is a forum member here, please pm me. The address you gave for this card exchange is not valid. We can take care of it if we hear from you! Thanks, SG

Offline Zooropa

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 12:37:22 AM »
Yay! I sent out the last list tonight! ~panting~  :D If, for some reason, you did not receive one (noooo!!), e-mail me at u2christmas@gmail.com

If you have friends who are also participating but aren't part of the forum, please let them know, too. Thanks!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »
Thank you Zooropa! It is greatly appreciated!

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yay! I sent out the last list tonight! ~panting~  :D If, for some reason, you did not receive one (noooo!!), e-mail me at u2christmas@gmail.com

If you have friends who are also participating but aren't part of the forum, please let them know, too. Thanks!

Hi Zooropa,

I got mine! 
Thanks!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:16:33 AM by hj »

Offline Zooropa

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
Would anyone like to exchange cards with an additional person? She e-mailed me after I'd sent the last of the lists out for the exchange. I can give her your address(es) in return. She lives in the U.S. If you're interested, please e-mail me at u2christmas@gmail.com

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »
Cardapalooza today. Now I am getting confused about which ones are "official" and "unofficial" and which ones are just from friends.

So thank you StrongGirl-- how long did it take you to find that particular card?; u2fannewyork-- love the glitter; and Bob- who for some reason named his son after a member of the Beatles-- what's up with that?

I love hearing from everyone and meeting new members this way. You guys are the best.

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
thank you to Deena Davis, if you read this board..... I especially loved the concert pic from the Elevation tour 11/5/01 in Austin because that was my very first U2 concert! And I didn't take a camera with me! Neat to know that all these years later I got a Christmas card from someone who was there, I never would have guessed it! I drove 7 hours with a really annoying guy (and a really cool chick) and had to buy scalped tix over the internet, but it was a night I will never forget, and now I have a picture to go with the memory! Thank you!

And I have absolutely loved all of the beautiful cards I have been receiving. U2 fans are just awesome!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
Beli - I explained about the card I sent in your own thread. I blogged on the mains site about Elsha (the artist) and her history with the band and the African Well Fund. Next year I will post a link in early November here in the forum to her card site. They are so wonderful and go to a great cause too!

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »
...speaking of meaningful cards.... I tried to get a hold of some Project Red cards this year and all the Hallmark's around my area weren't selling them, yet the Red website says they were. grrrr. I noticed you could order them online and even have them mail them out for you, but it was too late by that time and I had already mailed most of my cards for the year. Maybe next year I will remember earlier to figure out where they are selling them.

Has anyone else looked for the Red cards?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
...speaking of meaningful cards.... I tried to get a hold of some Project Red cards this year and all the Hallmark's around my area weren't selling them, yet the Red website says they were. grrrr. I noticed you could order them online and even have them mail them out for you, but it was too late by that time and I had already mailed most of my cards for the year. Maybe next year I will remember earlier to figure out where they are selling them.

Has anyone else looked for the Red cards?

I have gotten them in the past, Cherry but I got Elsha's this year so I didn't look into this. I am upset that the Gap stopped selling the kids Product (RED) shirts. I always got them for my boys. I love to support (RED).

Offline deenadub

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
thank you to Deena Davis, if you read this board..... I especially loved the concert pic from the Elevation tour 11/5/01 in Austin because that was my very first U2 concert! And I didn't take a camera with me! Neat to know that all these years later I got a Christmas card from someone who was there, I never would have guessed it! I drove 7 hours with a really annoying guy (and a really cool chick) and had to buy scalped tix over the internet, but it was a night I will never forget, and now I have a picture to go with the memory! Thank you!

And I have absolutely loved all of the beautiful cards I have been receiving. U2 fans are just awesome!

I'm glad you loved the picture!  That was my favorite U2 concert! I was a Propaganda member at the time, got a $20 or $25 GA ticket and was able to be  inside the heart.  I had such a fun time standing in the GA line too even though it was most of the day but sooooo worth it.  It was my best U2 concert experience yet.  I didn't want to drink anything during the show as I was not about to lose my place once I was inside the heart!  Such a mesmerizing experience. I went by myself to the concert and when I walked out it seemed like a dream.  I have many other pics.....email if you like.  I have a Facebook account too and have them on my page.