Poll

Should U2 finally dust off a song from this album to play on U2360?

Yes
No

Author Topic: The "Play SOMETHING from Pop" Campaign  (Read 54519 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Re: The "Play SOMETHING from Pop" Campaign
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
Thanks to Matt for putting this on the front page for things to look at in the forum  ;)

The more supporters the merrier!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks to Matt for putting this on the front page for things to look at in the forum  ;)

The more supporters the merrier!

Yeah, I saw that too this morning.

Gotta love it.

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »
Absolutely disgraceful that they do not play anything from their greatest album.  ;)

Actually, even if they didn't play anything from it but Bono stood front stage one night and just said "you know what U2 fans, although we are not going to play anything from it tonight, we want to apologize for all these years of disregarding this album. We realze now that we have been wrong all along, Pop is a FANTASTIC album, one of our best pieces of work actually".  :D :D

Of course, ripping into Gone, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Please, Miami or Discotheque right after saying this would be even better  ;D

DAMN FULL RESPECT TO YOU SIR!

ps.. Respect also goes out to the guy who was holding up his MOFO sign right in front of Bono at both sydney shows. I had to shake his hand.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
The result of this poll is very encouraging, just a pity nothing will come of it  :-\

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
The result of this poll is very encouraging, just a pity nothing will come of it  :-\

I didn't start my twitter bombardment yet   ;D

Offline MyBlueEyes

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
I think Gone would be great for the dwindling end of the tour. Sometimes I still get nostalgic and watch the Edge's breakdown at the end of the song in Boston during the Elevation tour and on the DVD "Elevation 2001: Live from Boston."

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
I think this is one of their great albums . . . not a commonly held sentiment - even by the band, I'm afraid. It would be great to hear "Do You Feel Loved" - one of Adam Clayton's best grooves.

I would also welcome a return of "Staring at the Sun"; the full band, electric version.
That is all I'm asking for.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2011, 08:02:53 PM »
I totally think Bono's voice can handle Do You Feel Loved now... and I would LOVE to hear it.

Offline rhmn

• Babyface
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
U2 must play some POP album songs mainly :

1. Discotheque

2. Please

3. Gone

4. Last Night On Earth

5. If You Wear That Velvet Dress

If they don't play any of those songs, i will not hear U2 songs for 1 month. ;D ;D ;D

Boom Cha!

« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
They could easily just play Gone. I'm pretty sure the band is a fan of that song.

Also, Discotheque hasn't missed a tour since its premier (that's hopeful). But, if they are going to play Discotheque they need to do the Popmart version not the crappy Vertigo version. Discotheque isn't Discotheque without the "Boom Cha!'s".

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2011, 08:41:38 PM »
They could easily just play Gone. I'm pretty sure the band is a fan of that song.

Also, Discotheque hasn't missed a tour since its premier (that's hopeful). But, if they are going to play Discotheque they need to do the Popmart version not the crappy Vertigo version. Discotheque isn't Discotheque without the "Boom Cha!'s".

You can always combine the two versions.  ;)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »

Absoulutely agree with this Boom. It was an awful version on Vertigo, and I even saw it a few times too. Yeah for someone who missed PopMart due to work constraints, it was great to see this song live, but I wish It was the PopMart version  :-\

Boom Cha!

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »

It wasn't just the missing "Boom Cha!'s", but also how they turned such a fun and creative song into a bland rock song.  :-\

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:15 PM »
More than Discotheque or even Gone...

I want to see Please back. It's almost PERFECT to play right now with the middle east and northern africa conflicts.

It wasn't just the missing "Boom Cha!'s", but also how they turned such a fun and creative song into a bland rock song.  :-\

True, the only thing I liked about it was Larry's dance beat.

I'd like the old one back if they decided to bring it back.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
I want to see Please back. It's almost PERFECT to play right now with the middle east and northern africa conflicts.

That'd be even better! But, not the acoustic Elevation tour version....ok....I'm just being too picky now.  ;D :D