Poll

Should U2 finally dust off a song from this album to play on U2360?

Yes
No

Author Topic: The "Play SOMETHING from Pop" Campaign  (Read 53292 times)

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
Re: The "Play SOMETHING from Pop" Campaign
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
so...here's the plan.  ;D

they start out with the opening chords of Beautiful Day right? and then...out of nowhere...BONO POPS OUT OF A GIANT LEMON!!!!  :D :D :D

and then the band proceeds to play a non-stop, non-abridged medley of Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, and Mofo. and then resume the show like nothing happened.  ;D

satellitedog01

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2010, 12:44:29 PM »
:-) That would be rather 007 of them. Actually they had the giant-toothpick with olive, so a Martini glass would not be far fetched either. The stage also somewhat resembles a lemon-squeezer.

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

they start out with the opening chords of Beautiful Day right? and then...out of nowhere...BONO POPS OUT OF A GIANT LEMON!!!!  :D :D :D

and then the band proceeds to play a non-stop, non-abridged medley of Discotheque, Do You Feel Loved, and Mofo. and then resume the show like nothing happened.  ;D

WORD. Can you imagine all the perplexed faces in the crowd...and there'll be the few random people like us going YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:00:34 PM by TheEdgeIn4D aka Lady of the Horizon »

Offline edgetastic [Vote Zaphod]

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »
 :D :D :D

Gone, Discotheque or Do You Feel Loved would be SO awesome ;D.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »
Staring at The Sun electric, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »
Going with the sound of this tour so far, I think the closest to POP you POProcks are going to get is "Mofo". I love "Gone" but the tone seems too dark. Not the theme of the song but the sound. I don't know...Just my two cents. Speaking of dark...It's time for Dexter! REJOICE......

Offline vertigofly40

• Wanderer
  • The world turns and we get dizzy
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, 08:54:27 PM »
Pop is one of my favorite U2 albums.  I would be excited to have them play any songs from Pop especially “Last Night On Earth” and “If God Will Send His Angels.”

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:32 AM »

WORD. Can you imagine all the perplexed faces in the crowd...and there'll be the few random people like us going YYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

:D :D :D

Need Mofo and Gone for sure!!

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »
If we make the entire audience sing "BOOM CHA BOOM CHA DISCOTEQUE" and do the dance from the video for a while you reckon they just give up and start play it? :P

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 05:34:18 AM »
If we make the entire audience sing "BOOM CHA BOOM CHA DISCOTEQUE" and do the dance from the video for a while you reckon they just give up and start play it? :P

It's a good idea....now how do we do it???

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 05:41:59 AM »

Well, you start with your legs about a shoulder width apart, and keep you forearms at right angles with your elbows.

You pull back with a 'HUH' type motion, and then cross your arms at 45 degrees to each other across your chest, and return them to the perpendicular start position.

Once you're comfortable with that, you can add a pelvic thrust or two.

Repeat.

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »

Well, you start with your legs about a shoulder width apart, and keep you forearms at right angles with your elbows.

You pull back with a 'HUH' type motion, and then cross your arms at 45 degrees to each other across your chest, and return them to the perpendicular start position.

Once you're comfortable with that, you can add a pelvic thrust or two.

Repeat.

LMAO! How priceless would that be if the whole GA - no - the whole stadium did that! Synchronized Boom Cha-ing. Oh now I wanna do that sooo bad!!

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:29 AM »
It would be the best flash mob ever. :D Too bad everyone here isn't going to the same show. We could def pull it of. ;D

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, 07:54:42 AM »
It would be the best flash mob ever. :D Too bad everyone here isn't going to the same show. We could def pull it of. ;D

We should try and see if we can get a crowd together at the various gigs tho!  I am not sure but it sort of sounded like the Balt. gig had a crowd of forum folk... could try at that one.  We should discuss this some more!!  Maybe in the fan meet up thread??

Definitely worth discussing! Would be toooo awesome!  (and hilarious!!!)

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

We should try and see if we can get a crowd together at the various gigs tho!  I am not sure but it sort of sounded like the Balt. gig had a crowd of forum folk... could try at that one.  We should discuss this some more!!  Maybe in the fan meet up thread??

Definitely worth discussing! Would be toooo awesome!  (and hilarious!!!)

NO! It have to be the Dublin gig (there WILL be one) ;D I wanna join in the fun! :D