Author Topic: Live Nation ticketing  (Read 4811 times)

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
Live Nation ticketing
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
So I tried today to get tickets for Phish on Live Nation.  Although they've been selling tickets on their site for awhile, I have a feeling this was the first big "test" to see how the site would handle it.  Answer:  not good at all.  I kept getting error messages, the site was extremely slow and not working well, I got "you are not authorized to view this page" messages, and there was a "temporary waiting room" that you were put in sometimes.  I did not get tickets nor did anyone else I know that was trying. 

This does not bode well for the U2 tour onsale.  Hopefully, there will be some improvements by then.  I hate to say it, but Ticketmaster was actually better.

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
Re: Live Nation ticketing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
That is scary, considering that U2 had some issues with ticketing on the last tour. Hopefully, they will work it out as the volume will be bigger.

Offline rlj1010

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »
Even though LiveNation is the promoter of U2's upcoming tour, it is VERY unlikely that the tickets will be sold through LiveNation's new in-house ticketing system.

LiveNation's new system ONLY handles events that take place at venues owned by LiveNation.

(LiveNation owns most of the big outdoor amphitheaters in the US.   Plus a handful of small clubs ans theaters.)

But LiveNation does NOT own any sports arenas or stadiums, which are the types of venues that U2 typically plays.

For any event that LiveNation promotes, but takes place at a non-LiveNation venue, LN will redirect to Ticketmaster (or whatever other vendor that particular venue normally uses.)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
Then that means I will still be purchasing thru ticketmaster.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »
Well, between the major ticket services 'glitch' seems to be the word of the day.  Let's hope it get fixed soon..

Rolling Stone article..

One week after Live Nationís new ticket service left Phish fans screaming with rage, Ticketmasterís computer system malfunctioned during a Bruce Springsteen onsale yesterday morning.. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:59 AM »
Well, between the major ticket services 'glitch' seems to be the word of the day.  Let's hope it get fixed soon..

Rolling Stone article..

One week after Live Nationís new ticket service left Phish fans screaming with rage, Ticketmasterís computer system malfunctioned during a Bruce Springsteen onsale yesterday morning.. 

Yes whitewave, that was a huge story here in NY. I am a bit nervous when it comes time for U2 tickets. I haven't gotten tickets in over 20 years for a big show. I am a lamb going to a slaughter!!!! :o

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »
Anyone read about this today...

Not sure how that will impact ticketing for the upcoming tour ???

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 05:31:50 PM »
This is so more more complicated than I would have thought.  :o

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
It's not that complicated.  If anything, I think this is a win-win situation for both Live Nation & Ticketmaster.  Live Nation has the contractual arrangements with the big selling artists, like Madonna, U2, & Jay-Z.  Ticketmaster has the ticketing infrastructure capable of handling all those ticket sales for Live Nation artists.  It only makes perfect business sense that these 2 corporations would merge & give the people what they want:  Expensive Tickets & over-inflated service fees.  ;D

Where there's a Demand, there's a supplier/dealer

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »
It's not that complicated.  If anything, I think this is a win-win situation for both Live Nation & Ticketmaster. 

Well, they do share the same lack of values and customer service. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »
Looks like Springsteen fans have had a major problem with ticketmaster.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »
Hmm.. so our band gets stock in Ticketmaster now?  That could be a good thing.
Let's hope that Ticketmaster quits referring people to TicketNow and sells tickets first thru Ticketmaster
before the 'excess' goes to TicketNow.  Maybe the band can correct that one.

streetmission

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »
With Live Nation now listing the US dates for the tour, my guess is we'll be buying tickets through their site and not Ticketmaster.  I created a Live Nation account yesterday, but I can't find anywhere for you to save your payment information for future use (credit card, etc.).  The only things I was able to enter were my contact information and shipping and billing addresses.  Am I missing something, or is it not possible to save your payment information in a Live Nation account?  Thanks for your help!

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
You won't find your payment information listed on LiveNation under your account.  Nor will they keep track of your orders per se.  I asked their customer service about an order I placed with them back in February.  Here is the response I got.

Discussion Thread
 Response (Sam) 02/11/2009 07:18 PM
Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

Actually it wont, because it is in an older ticketing sytem that we use.

Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry.

Sincerely,
Sam
Live Nation Customer Care
 Customer 02/11/2009 10:37 AM
I purchased a pre-sale ticket. Order # ********. When will this order show up in My Live Nation Ticketing Account History?

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »
Here in the UK, Ticketmaster still isn't listing the UK dates (although it is listing those in Ireland), but the dates are up on the UK Livenation site. In order to have a look at the ticket purchase engine, I clicked on the livenation site for other events already on sale at Wembley Stadium - and I found that it takes you to a Ticketmaster powered ticket purchase engine.

So it appears that we'll be buying tickets through Ticketmaster here in the UK too...