Author Topic: X Factor  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: X Factor
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
quick question. as an American Idol fan (okay...maybe more of a Simon Cowell fan. he's a genius for discovering talent!) who probably won't watch the train wreck that this season is going to be, what is the differences between it and The X Factor, which is coming to America quite soon?

I HIGHLY doubt that.

And the difference is that the X Factor is turning into a fixed freak show more than singing competition. Yet we still watch because it's so s***, it's good...if you know where I'm coming from.

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 04:32:38 PM »
quick question. as an American Idol fan (okay...maybe more of a Simon Cowell fan. he's a genius for discovering talent!) who probably won't watch the train wreck that this season is going to be, what is the differences between it and The X Factor, which is coming to America quite soon?

I HIGHLY doubt that.

And the difference is that the X Factor is turning into a fixed freak show more than singing competition. Yet we still watch because it's so s***, it's good...if you know where I'm coming from.

so...its it basically America's Got Talent?   ???

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »

I HIGHLY doubt that.

so...its it basically America's Got Talent?   ???

But even sh***** ;)

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
I saw parts of Get On Your Boots video in the video medley they had on in the background. So yet another one crept in there.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »

The main difference from American Idol, other than the X Factor will have Simon Cowell next season, is there are three categories of singers/performers.

1. The Groups
2. The younger ones (much like most of the contestants on Idol)
3. The over 28's

So, if nothing else, there's a bit more variety in the acts.

The British version of Idol known as 'Pop Idol' which was also produced by Simon Fuller didn't survive the birth of Cowell's X Factor, and I suspect that American Idol won't last more than the next season.

I think that Nicole Scherzinger is going to be one of the judges on the US X Factor, and she looks hot in a figure hugging dress.

Offline Parkhead080893

• Wanderer
  • In the shadow, boy meets man
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
To change the topic slightly, does anyone think U2 would perform on the x factor. I remember Paul McCartney being on and the fact they are still desperate to get the next big hit played to the masses, is it a possibility ?

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
To change the topic slightly, does anyone think U2 would perform on the x factor. I remember Paul McCartney being on and the fact they are still desperate to get the next big hit played to the masses, is it a possibility ?

no U2 wouldn't go on it because they would lose their credibility as a rock band. The only rock band I can recall performing on the X Factor are Bon Jovi and they have never had any credibility anyway. Similarly with Macca, he did write the Frog Chorus after all.

Offline Ed

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »

no U2 wouldn't go on it because they would lose their credibility as a rock band. The only rock band I can recall performing on the X Factor are Bon Jovi and they have never had any credibility anyway. Similarly with Macca, he did write the Frog Chorus after all.

I have been a U2 fan for 13 years now and will be for the rest of my days on this planet. If however U2 EVER appear the on X factor or even happen to mention that they watch and like the show, I will be a U2 fan no longer.