Author Topic: saving spots  (Read 1954 times)

Offline dangermansam

• Wanderer
saving spots
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »
hey just a question here, im keen to get up early like 6am for general admission but friends/family not. theres only 3 of us so if i went early do other people normally mind if u save their spot for them at front of line?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: saving spots
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hey just a question here, im keen to get up early like 6am for general admission but friends/family not. theres only 3 of us so if i went early do other people normally mind if u save their spot for them at front of line?

Yes, it's a big deal if someone gets there early to stand in line for 12 hours only to have someone cut in front of them four hours after they got there and say that someone saved them a spot in line. It will not go over well with those around you at all.

Offline dangermansam

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
what if they got there say like 8ish or 9ish haha not 6am :P

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
what if they got there say like 8ish or 9ish haha not 6am :P

To me, you've got three options:

1) Talk everyone into getting there at 6am
2) Go with them and arrive at 8 or 9.
3) Arrive separately and remain separate.

Saving spots is not acceptable. You earn your spot in line by putting in the time. No exceptions.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:33:54 AM »
happens plenty though and can't be stopped really.

I'm more convinced than ever that the best spot to watch this tour requires very little queuing.

Back of the inner circle, get there at 4pm and you'll be sweet. Might not get a rail, but you'll get a great spot in the circle.

Unless you want dead centre under Bono's nose, or really like the lineup experience (hey, it's kinda fun in a people watching/people mocking kind of way), I don't think the hours on this tour are necessary. Particularly on weekdays.

Seriously, once you're in gates, it's easy to meet up with your friends.

During the day there is nothing to stop you getting your spot, telling those around you that you're leaving for the next 6 hours to sit and talk with your  friends, then rejoining the queue in your original spot.

This is not the food line at a correctional facility. People move around, come and go, and it's ridiculous to expect people to see their friends two rows over and not sit with them for the bulk of the day. As long as when it's gate time order is respected, play on.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:35:50 AM »
Seriously though, if your friends bring enough breakfast for the closest 10 people in the line, they'll probably get away with it :-)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:49 AM »

This is not the food line at a correctional facility.

;D LOL

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:01:19 AM »

This is not the food line at a correctional facility.

;D LOL

Oh no. It's a whole lot worse than that

Offline whensday

• Refugee
  • Between day and naught
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
I'm more convinced than ever that the best spot to watch this tour requires very little queuing.
Back of the inner circle, get there at 4pm and you'll be sweet. Might not get a rail, but you'll get a great spot in the circle.

This is what I am hoping for Brisbane II.  Lining up all day Thursday just isn't feasible for me nor the other person I am going with , but hoping to still get a good spot, though not necessarily on the rail. 

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »
I was #178 on wednesday. Got there at 7am. Got rear rail of the circle, but could really have had anywhere. Person next to me was #588. Got there at 1pm. Rear rail is overlooked in favour of the front.

Got there at midday on Friday got precisely the same spot. Was #262 or something.

Friend got there both nights at about 6pm and got into the inner circle, edge's side, without a hassle in the world.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
I was #178 on wednesday. Got there at 7am. Got rear rail of the circle, but could really have had anywhere. Person next to me was #588. Got there at 1pm. Rear rail is overlooked in favour of the front.

Got there at midday on Friday got precisely the same spot. Was #262 or something.

Friend got there both nights at about 6pm and got into the inner circle, edge's side, without a hassle in the world.

Y'all are lucky because it was definitely not like that in Atlanta!

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
Seriously though, if your friends bring enough breakfast for the closest 10 people in the line, they'll probably get away with it :-)

I found that to be true. If you...err...bribe the people around you, and you aren't adding more than two or three people, it's not a big deal. Food is a good way to go.  :D

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »

Y'all are lucky because it was definitely not like that in Atlanta!

Really? Mate of mine got to Atlanta at 5pm and was over on Adam's side in the inner circle.

Offline beershack

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »

Not cool

Let them line up wherever the line is as they arrive

Pay for Red Zone if you dont want to put in the time (like me  ;) )

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »
In my experience the difference between 6am and 9am would be about 50-100 people tops. Which is nothing.

just go with em at 9am and have a sleep in!