Author Topic: SPOILER: Official ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Set-List; 13th December 2010  (Read 3701 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: SPOILER: Official ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Set-List; 13th December 2010
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 07:19:49 AM »
aqua!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So happy you had such a great time!!! I know the feeling so don't worry about the rambling! ;)

Scarlet again!   ;D

Thanks for the set list again, Nielsen!  This is a looooooong tour! Are you tired yet?

Offline Manchesterisred

• Babyface
  • I want to tear down the walls that HOLD me inside.
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
Omggg. Omggg.
Fukken amazingg.
1st U2 show and im craving more.
Jay z was shitte my ears were bleedingg.
But as soon as Irish lads galloped into claw to rotsrg it was living is 4. Mind blownnnn.
I was seated and the ppl nxt too me were fknn boring si i got up and wentt crazyy. Sang every lyric. Vherished every momentt.

God bless U2.
"@ the momentt of surrender"
I ddnt want to surrender U2. <3

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 07:50:43 AM »
I didnt mind Jay Z... he got me pumped.
Yes some of the crowd was rubbish.. i mean the 3 guys in front of me stood stock still the whole gig.. no movement or singing or hands in air. Disgraceful.. especially since two of them were ginormous in size, and showed up very late but ended up in fron of me. (i was direct center of the inner circle.)
..but the 3+ people behind me were jumping and singing, going nuts etc which was good.. but loosers in front of me.

Sound was nice and loud, Edge's guitar rang clear.. Adam's bass could have been abit louder maybe..
Overall much louder than Vertigo 06 IMO.

THink i/we will be outside the circle on Tues... no waiting all dauy again.

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
uh...
WOW.
: D
when bad started i almost died.
im not sure if it was just because it was my first show but that was the BEST SHOW EVER :-o.
it was amazing. stringray was mindblowing and it was just a rollercoster from then on.
the only issue was the rubbish crowd around me ::), butt hey warmed up after Still Haven't Found, which was definitely the highlight for me.
It was my first streets and it was crazy good :D. so NOT counting streets Still haven't was the best.
MoS was brilliant too.

I hoped so bad for IWF and they played it.
it rocked so much.
Im so tired but hyped im rambling and most of this post will seem a bit scattered and missing important details but what the hell i love you bono <33333

Thanks Aqua for this quick run-down!!  Sounds like it was an absolutely awesome gig!  Others (on twitter) also thought so, so you were  not alone!!

Thanks for posting so soon after... you're pretty coherent for it being so late!

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 12:38:45 PM »
Got home from the gig about 5 hours ago and thought it better to grab some sleep rather than post all night. (I need to go to work today!)

I can now die a happy man after they played "Bad" last night. That was my wish granted. Also loved I Will Follow, UTEOTW, Scarlet (of course) and HMTMKMKM. I really wanted UV, so maybe tonight they'll play that.

That was a fantastic show. The boys were really pumped, especially yer man Bono, but when isn't he? Was a little bit surprised by the muted response to Magnificent. I know NLOTH wasn't huge but that song should generate a simlar vibe to Streets or COBL. Overall though crowd was right into it.

Sorry to be negative for a moment but Jay-Z should stay the hell away from SBS, he trashes what is a very great song. Also felt like they let far too many people into the inner circle. It seemed so much more packed than Vertigo. (Not blaming band, but the goons who were on crowd control).

Anyways, that's it from me. Gotta head to work, still on a high from seeing my favourite band again  :)

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
i thought the renditions of the songs themselves were a bit better than usual.
Bad REALLY blew me away.
i want more. :D :D.

There really wereparts of the concert where the songs stopped feeling like songs and more like magic.
that happened about halfway through bad.

I could listen to bad for hours live. seriously.

UTEOTW was a little different to what i thought it'd be. I have to say, unexpectedly, that ISHFWILF, HMTMKMKM, BD, Return of the Stingray guitar and GOYB were as good or better.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
i thought the renditions of the songs themselves were a bit better than usual.
Bad REALLY blew me away.
i want more. :D :D.

There really wereparts of the concert where the songs stopped feeling like songs and more like magic.
that happened about halfway through bad.

I could listen to bad for hours live. seriously.

UTEOTW was a little different to what i thought it'd be. I have to say, unexpectedly, that ISHFWILF, HMTMKMKM, BD, Return of the Stingray guitar and GOYB were as good or better.

After hearing some bootleg concert footage from 360, I have to say I'm really liking Return of the Stingray Guitar. I guess I hadnt realized Bono was singing on it. It's very cool. I like that he bounces around during it.

u2kennesaw,ga

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »
why stuck in a moment again  :'(

Sydney_Mike

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
Aqua, we were certainly treated to some great versions. I am so looking forward to doing it all again tonight

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:04 PM »
Pretty blown away by this gig. I had been hugely disappointed by the Vertigo tour, so 360 was a huge releif more than anything else. I knew the Claw was big before I got there, but its not until you actually see it 'in the flesh' that you realise the gargantuan scale of it. There is no way there will ever be a touring production bigger than this - unless larger stadiums get built! This is it folks.

Sounds was great - I could hear each individual instrument (very rare at this venue), with only a bit of slap-back echo. Again, much improved from Vertigo.

Highlights were Streets (gives me boosebumps every time that song), Still Haven't Found, UTEOTW and Bad. Magnificent was good too and I liked Crazy a lot more than I thought I would. I could quite happily ditch In a Little While, SBS and Elevation from the set (although the crowd as a whole seemed to like these last two), and Walk On fell really flat. MoS isn't great as a closer either - WIWY would have been much better.

Disappointed not to hear TUF or any new songs. Maybe 2nd night will mix it up a little...

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 04:07:39 AM »

because the subject of that song was michael hutchence (inxs). as he hailed from australia, u2 were always gonna play that song somewhere in oz. same reason as one tree hill was played in new zealand, cos that song was written about their roadie mate from new zealand who died in the late 80's.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »

because the subject of that song was michael hutchence (inxs). as he hailed from australia, u2 were always gonna play that song somewhere in oz. same reason as one tree hill was played in new zealand, cos that song was written about their roadie mate from new zealand who died in the late 80's.

If i can tolerate Stuck in a moment in the setlist then the rest of you have no excuses :-)

Mike - I thought the inner circle was less packed than the other shows I've seen this tour (2 x USA, 1 x Bris and 2 x melbourne). I could easily turn around without hitting anyone slap back in the middle of the pit about 3 ppl from the front.