Author Topic: U23D Returns to BOSTON!  (Read 2628 times)

Offline alexo

• Babyface
Re: U23D Returns to BOSTON!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »
woot!! off to see U23D again here in boston. This makes 3 times total (saw it twice during the first release), the first time being on a first date with this one girl (<-- HA try that for a first date!!! is that an awesome day or what)

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: U23D Returns to BOSTON!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
I just saw it this past Saturday night.  Theater was half-filled.  It's playing only at the IMAX theater at the New England Aquarium.  If you go to the U23D website it shows the various theaters and has links to them for online purchase, but that was really not necessary.  Plenty of empty seats.  The sound was very good -- nice level.  The visuals were...stunning.  But I'd never seen it before or seen a 3D movie at all before.  I spent the first ten minutes just getting used to the technology.  The 3D glasses suck.  I don't know if they are all like that, but they were uncomfortable, didn't cover the whole screen, dirty.  If this technology ever took off, I would want to buy my own.

Some of the effects in the movie were a little too much.  Too many fades and atmospherics.  And they played mostly old standbys; just four songs from HTDAAB.  For me (my wife too) the highlight was Love and Peace.

But overall the best thing was just how amazingly "close" you get to the band.  I was once so close I had my hands on the stage at the Elevation Tour.  This was closer and better. :)