Author Topic: Favorite moments of this tour?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
Re: Favorite moments of this tour?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 10:55:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Love Rescue Me.

From one Sydney to another:

1) LoveTown - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2) 360 - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They better leave this in for the US tour. Its one of my favorite songs. Even though I wasn't there, highlight of the tour so far for me, period.

However, this clearly shows that Bono just can not sing as well as he used to due to natural ageing of his voice.

2 great additions. was edge trying to mimic dylan's voice for a laugh during the first 2 chorus harmonies during love rescue me? it looks like adam is laughing along at it. fair play if he was. 

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 11:36:06 AM »
My favourite moments, from the shows I've seen

1. "Bad" - Cardiff, 2009. Penultimate performance of the song for an age and also the only time on that tour a "one night" show got the song. My brothers favourite song, and they played at his only show of the tour. Made my night.

2. "Crazy Tonight" - Barcelona, 30 June 2009. At the precise moment everyone wondered what was going to happen next, we got a completely revamped version of the song, the Claw going batshit and moving around, and the band running through the crowd. Alongside a huge amount of "WTF?" from the audience.

3. "Miss Sarajevo" - Paris 2010. Because its a song they should play more often.

4. "Streets" - Dublin 2009. "Where The Streets Have No Name", in Dublin? What's not to love?

5. "Ultraviolet" - Barcelona 30 June 2009. First performance of the song in 16 years, and Bono swinging from a microphone stand hanging from the roof in a suit of lights. Awesome.

Offline Drummer Boy

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Not walking away... gonna find a better line.
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »
My favourite moments, from the shows I've seen

1. "Bad" - Cardiff, 2009. Penultimate performance of the song for an age and also the only time on that tour a "one night" show got the song. My brothers favourite song, and they played at his only show of the tour. Made my night.

2. "Crazy Tonight" - Barcelona, 30 June 2009. At the precise moment everyone wondered what was going to happen next, we got a completely revamped version of the song, the Claw going batshit and moving around, and the band running through the crowd. Alongside a huge amount of "WTF?" from the audience.

3. "Miss Sarajevo" - Paris 2010. Because its a song they should play more often.

4. "Streets" - Dublin 2009. "Where The Streets Have No Name", in Dublin? What's not to love?

5. "Ultraviolet" - Barcelona 30 June 2009. First performance of the song in 16 years, and Bono swinging from a microphone stand hanging from the roof in a suit of lights. Awesome.

Great post! I loved it.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »

1) Bad - All i want is you - Roma 2010 (brought tears to my eyes especially after ISHFWILF)
2) The mosiac for ISHFWILF - Roma 2010(lump in throat moment amazing)
3) Ultraviolet - Dublin 2009 - The stand out moment from the saturday's (safe set list)what 
4) ISHFWILF - intro and song - Sheffield 2009 - the edge and passing A levels

number 5 i'll leave for UK in 2011???????

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
Probably for me when one of the most serious security guards along the circle stage railing was tossing beach balls back into the crowd and for one of them he decided he would spike it back into the mass of people because he was getting a little tired of the act and as he spiked the ball it smashed into the girls' face who was standing right infront of him. No harm done but it was hillarious. And thats not to say the concert wasn't better than that moment...it was just really funny.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:54 AM »
I have yet to experience my 360 moment. *sigh* 185 days for one; 215 for the other.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »
The shock and excited feeingl i got at hearing new years day, stay and bad at croke park

was unexpected

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
-Every Breaking Wave (Helsinki 2)

Ditto.

It is just amazing how quiet 50 000+ people can get. I think I even forgot to breathe...

YES! Im gonna add the moment after Streets ended.That screaming! I recorded that song for memory with my phone and when I watch it,it feels like my headphones are exploding!

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
1)Playing Bad twice in Dublin.
2)  Ultraviolet!
3)  Bono started singing an Irish Lullaby between songs and the Irish crowd started singing it with him- just awesome.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »
My favorite moment....the first time Bono shouted REJOICE on this tour. Finally, a dream of mine came true...they did something from my beloved October album and it wasn't what I expected. It was always a favorite song of mine though. To hear it live was just magical.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
My favorite moment....the first time Bono shouted REJOICE on this tour. Finally, a dream of mine came true...they did something from my beloved October album and it wasn't what I expected. It was always a favorite song of mine though. To hear it live was just magical.

Here, here!!! I'm in total agreement. Now we just need to hear this LIVE ourselves, SG! ;)

Offline 3213dev

• Babyface
  • Shine like a burning star
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 09:13:58 AM »
For me,

Stay at New Jersey 2, great build up to the chorus to say the least   ;)

or Sunday Bloody Sunday in Paris this September with the Get Up Stand Up snippet - amazing  :o

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

or Sunday Bloody Sunday in Paris this September with the Get Up Stand Up snippet - amazing  :o

It was an amazing moment doing it for the Roma, and with such an extended snippet! Just felt like something truly spcial.  :D

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
North Star debut
EBW debut

And most importantly:

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me/Desire (Perth)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:57 AM »
Giants Stadium I: The band starts "City of Blinding Lights" and Bono pulls a kid on stage and begins to run around the horn with him. I get all choked up at its awesomeness and look over at my wife and she's balling her eyes out! Amazing feeling!

Following the 1st leg on Twitter religiously! The anticipation of what was coming. The possible surprises. It was like Christmas as a kid.

The Firsts: Electrical Storm (remember that one?); Drowning Man (not); Mercy (finally); Your Blue Room; Scarlet (w/o JZ); etc.

The Country specific songs returning: Mothers of the Disappeared; One Tree Hill; Spanish Eyes

The new songs: EBW; North Star; Glastonbury; Boy Falls From the Sky; Return of the Stingray Guitar; etc.

The complaints: This one is a little tricky but I will remember it. The songs they finally dropped from the setlist (BTBS; Pride; etc.). People still complained. Also worked in reverse. They played unique songs and still the complaining rained down...Love it!

So far: This 3 Year tour has been extremely memorable. Looking forward to it's 2011 push!