Author Topic: How long must they tour this tour?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline TheSceneoftheAccident

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I've been in every black hole
How long must they tour this tour?
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
Had to put that as the title tbh, sorry for any injuries caused by the terrible pun XD

Basically, when do you reckon this tour will end? And where will it go to next and finish off? I reckon that it'll end in late 2011, maybe November. There'll be a couple more UK and Europe legs, then it'll end in Asia, as predicted in another thread. But, that's just wishful thinking, as I really wanna see the 360 Tour and there were an offensively small amount of UK dates in 2009.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
Re: How long must they tour this tour?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
it shouldn't end until they play KC, NOLA, and Asia

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:22:55 AM »
africa, south america .......new album......central and north america (as alredy confirmed) with a new set list, then the UK and possible some euroopean dates, then possible asia to finish before christmas.

The queue 5 years before the next tour

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:45:21 PM »
if they want to tour it two years thats fine but JUST PUT OUT THE ALBUM.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
I think they're going to wait and see how the new album does and how spiderman does before thinking about if there is another european leg. I anticipate more North American shows will be announced after the album goes out, especially if it has a couple of hits. I also anticipate a couple of Japan dates being added late in 2011.

Don't rule out another extension in 2012 if Spiderman is a hit. Imagine a Spiderman leg, with flying stunts and the broadway show weaved into a U2360 set! The evil Arachna interrupts a U2360 show and kidnaps the band, replacing Bono with "Evil Bono" whose character is woven into the broadway play. In the end, Spiderman saves the day and the U2 show can continue! Pure theatre!

Offline vertigofly40

• Wanderer
  • The world turns and we get dizzy
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree! Arrowhead Stadium and U2 – Make it happen! 

I think they’ll try to get as much out of this tour/claw as they can.  They spent a ton of money on it.   I don’t know what the numbers are for this tour, but if they’re making a profit or are trying to break even, I could see this tour setup lasting for quite some time.  The concept of the tour isn’t really tied to any specific album, so if they release another album, they could easily work it into this tour.  I could also see them taking some time off and bringing the claw back for another tour. 

The Promenade

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 03:02:36 AM »

I think they’ll try to get as much out of this tour/claw as they can.  They spent a ton of money on it.   I don’t know what the numbers are for this tour, but if they’re making a profit or are trying to break even, I could see this tour setup lasting for quite some time.  The concept of the tour isn’t really tied to any specific album, so if they release another album, they could easily work it into this tour.  I could also see them taking some time off and bringing the claw back for another tour. 

.  I believe they said they'd lose money on the first leg but start making a profit on the second. I vote they melt down the claw, build a plane out of it and go home, take a holiday and concentrate on making another great album...

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »

take a holiday and concentrate on making another great album...

I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing now.