Author Topic: I can´t believe I did that!!!..........  (Read 1254 times)

Offline BonoForPresident

• Staring at the Sun
  • Bad cop don´t give a damn!
I can´t believe I did that!!!..........
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »
It was New Years eve 2004. We were having a “party” only three people (yes 3 people!) and it was really kinda sad and pathetic. So we just sat there all evening, ate some  good food, but drank all kind of crappy booze and were actually ending up having a blast, talking exactly about just how sad and pathetic we were, not having a proper party to go to. As the evening went on we got a bit (read: very heavily) drunk.

At about 5 in the morning I thought that it might be better to head home (I was really drunk at this stage) and for some odd reason I had brought my bicycle. I usually ride my bike when I'm going places that aren't too far, so I don't have to worry about how to get home, but I don't normally drink and drive . Anyways I was holding my little lady purse in one hand and a plastic bag in the other, containing a bottle of vodka (something I brought to the “party” but when we couldn't drink it, I thought I might as well take it home with me again).I then sat my sorry behind up on the bike, only to discover that I've completely forgotten how to ride a bicycle! As a result, I fell over, with bicycle and all and smashed my head very hard into the pavement! (nothing happened to the vodka though, if anyone worries about that!). Still drunk and a bit embarrassed, I got up and thought to myself, ”Ok so you're not gonna ride your bike home today Missy, let's see if we can't get a cab for you then“. And so I began to walk down the road with my bike (and vodka) trying to find a cab. On my little walk I got stopped by several festive people who was out celebrating New Years, and through my daze I heard things like “ Oh my god are you allright?” and “ Have you been attacked? You look terrible!” to which I sluggishly responded “Oh yeah, you don't look so great yourself you know!......ehmm…..what did you say? Oh I'm bleeding!...... Well it can't be that bad, it really doesn't hurt that much.....but I do like to get a cab, do you know were I can get a cab?…I really need a cab you know. So they just shook their heads and pointed down the road and decided to leave me alone. I continued walking in search for a cab and came to a big cross section were there were plenty of life and partying going on still, and other people looking for cabs. As I came walking in to the bright light of the cross section I suddenly had the full attention of three guys looking chockingly at me. "What the hell happened to you?”. “ Well I just fell on my bike, it's really not a big deal you guys, I'm just gonna take a cab home". “Oh no you're not, we're calling an ambulance right now!!” Me: “No seriously guys, there's really no need for that! I'm fine" (At this point I still hadn't seen myself in a mirror, so I didn't think I looked that bad, maybe I had a bruise or two, but all in all in fairly good shape). But there was nothing to be done, these guys were making an emergency  call whether I liked it or not! As this one guy called, (with me pleading in the background not to make such a fuss about the whole thing) I heard him say to the emergency central : “Yes sir, it's this girl, she fell on her bike. She was going to drive over the cross section and had a green light and then this car just suddenly turns right and knocks her down and then drives away! “. WTF!! I couldn't believe my ears! How did this phantom car come in to the picture? All of a sudden my innocent bikeride home had become a hit´n´run crimescene! But nevertheless, in a matter of minutes an ambulance and a policecar was approaching “the scene”. I then had to explain the “accident” to the paramedics and the cops! “Well sir, the light turned green you see….ehmm… and I was riding my bike piecefully over the cross section, when this….ehmm..car…yes car I believe....well yes…sort of drove me over…ehmm…yes that's what happened Sir….I think!”. And the guy who had been making the phone call was being questioned as well “ Yes Sir, it was a white car, I'm sure of that! A Fiat Sir…and in high speed he turned right..just like that! The moron! He didn't even stop when he hit the girl!”.  The paramedics had just finished their examination of me and told me, I just needed to get home, wash my face, take some painkillers and go to sleep. Good to know I wasn't in a fatal state! So the ambulance took off leaving me with the cops and the three guys. One of the cops was really upset on my behalf and said “That´s just not okay, to run somebody down like that! We will get this guy, I promise you!”. “Well….ehmm…thank you Sir…but maybe I shouldn't have been riding my bike in the first place….I'm a bit tipsy you see….not much though ::)…but maybe it wasn't completely the driver fault?!” . But the cop wouldn't listen and told me that they would send out a warrant for the driver of this white Fiat! That was the least they could do! I could have kicked myself at that point! And ashamed as I was I just nodded and thanked the cops for such nice and thorough police work and told them that I'd better get a hold of a  cab and head home. I just wanted to get my sorry a** the h*** out of there!  But as a last gesture they, of cause, would be driving me home in their policecar! I have never in my life been in a policecar and had no intention of ever being in one, but here I was getting driven home by the police, for an accident that didn't happen and with the thought of a poor innocent soul out there in the neighbourhood, who just happened to own a white Fiat, with a warrant hanging over his head! But oh well, I got home with if not my face (I looked like s***!) then at least a whole bottle of vodka intact!

But to cut a (very) long story short….I can't believe I did that!

What have you done to totally embarrass yourself! Share here!

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
Re: I can´t believe I did that!!!..........
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »
Thank God the vodka survived!  ;D

Offline BonoForPresident

• Staring at the Sun
  • Bad cop don´t give a damn!
Re: I can´t believe I did that!!!..........
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank God the vodka survived!  ;D

Yes! That was also my main concern!