Author Topic: Zoo TV The Fly Shades  (Read 1740 times)

dcmarlow

Zoo TV The Fly Shades
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »
I found this website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Which pair looks the best to you? I might get one. I'm thinking the Dark Black Pair of the 1992 Zoo TV tour.

satellitedog01

Re: Zoo TV The Fly Shades
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:53:35 PM »
I have the brown pair, go get the black one. :-)

dcmarlow

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:08:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have the brown pair, go get the black one. :-)
ha did you not like the brown pair? oh and one more thing: do these shades fold in? cause i would wear them around if they did but i don't think they do...

satellitedog01

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »
I like the brown ones. Just wanted to keep their numbers down a bit... :-)

They don't fold and it's a single piece of plastic so I don't recommend carrying them around all the time as they will probably break with heavy use, like all single piece glasses do eventually.

Also the lenses distort (I bought 2, and both were distorting) pretty badly due to uneven thickness in the lense, so you won't want to wear them for longer periods, maybe a few minutes, then it starts to hurt your eyes. The fit is comfy though.

dcmarlow

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like the brown ones. Just wanted to keep their numbers down a bit... :-)

They don't fold and it's a single piece of plastic so I don't recommend carrying them around all the time as they will probably break with heavy use, like all single piece glasses do eventually.

Also the lenses distort (I bought 2, and both were distorting) pretty badly due to uneven thickness in the lense, so you won't want to wear them for longer periods, maybe a few minutes, then it starts to hurt your eyes. The fit is comfy though.
how long ago did you get your glasses? i checked the site and they talked about them like they were really high quality?

satellitedog01

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
You can wear them, they aren't horrible, but don't expect perfection. The quality is good, it's just not perfect, but I don't know if it could be made any better on a small scale.

I do believe Ivan (a very nice and helpful guy) has made some improvements over the original shades, like in durability, scratch resistance and UV protection, and they are really much nicer than the official ZOO TV merchandise shades which are cheaply made and totally inaccurate and horribly uncomfortable,  but these are more fashion items than modern sunglasses so what you see is what you get.

I got the second one in spring 2010, if I remember correctly, the first in late 2009. I have found and tried an original pair of the '93 Bollé in bright blue a few years back, and it was also distorting. It's just so by design, one big piece of curvy plastic... It's the manufacturing process and the large size of the lenses and possibly the way the tooling works. They look insanely cool and perfect from the outside though, so if you're okay with distortion you'll be fine. Delivery was quick and trackable.

I want to buy the '93 repros too by the way.