Author Topic: "Always"  (Read 3006 times)

Offline U2#1-War

• Stateless
"Always"
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:57:59 AM »
Does anyone else love this song?? I think it was one of the better songs to come out of ATYCLB!!!

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
Re: "Always"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »
Really good song, but Beautiful Day was better. It had proper structure to it, whereas Always was more of an idea than the finished article. Great to listen to though, it has such a great energy, like most of the ATYCLB songs.

Offline U2#1-War

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »
It is way better than, Wild honey, New York, When you look at the world, pretty much everything from track 6 on

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »
Well it was either that or Beautiful Day. I'd have been pi**ed if they took off When I Look At The World and replaced it with an earlier version of Beautiful Day!

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »
It is a great b-side, definitely better than Holy Joe.

Cheers,

J

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:15:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well it was either that or Beautiful Day. I'd have been pi**ed if they took off When I Look At The World and replaced it with an earlier version of Beautiful Day!

I'd have taken a Beautiful day remix over the snooze fest that is Stuck, the cheesiness that is Peace on earth, the downright awfulness of New York, the throwaway Elevation or the pap that is Wild Honey

Offline Sheworelemon

• Babyface
  • Lookin for to save my, save my soul!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

I'd have taken a Beautiful day remix over the snooze fest that is Stuck, the cheesiness that is Peace on earth, the downright awfulness of New York, the throwaway Elevation or the pap that is Wild Honey

Stuck in a moment is a great melody, beautiful song.

Elevation is throwaway but its class, great pop song!

Wild honey and Peace on earth are probably not the most memorable song's they've ever written but it is a bit strange to criticise u2 songs for being cheesy...that cheese is part and parcel of u2!

Don't you think it would be a bit odd to have two versions of a song on the same album?

And IMHO, beautiful day is better than Always, the band were rite to go with beautiful day instead!

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
Definately a good song  ;D

streetmission

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »
I love "Always"!  It's one of my favorite b-sides.  It contains one of my favorite lines as well:  "Be uncool.  Yes, be awkward!" 8)

Offline AndyHusney

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »
Best song on 7. The bassline mixed with that little guitar riff in the verses brings tears to the eyes.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 02:52:46 AM »

Well all I can say is thank God you're not U2's record producer!  ;)

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 04:22:08 AM »
"always" is a good b-side but to put it ahead of some songs like new york (great song),wild honey and stuck in a moment i can't go with that,its way to similar to beautiful day to be on the album .lots of love for new york here im afraid :)

Offline U2#1-War

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 04:24:29 AM »
New York is one of the best live songs i have ever heard. i put it up there with Bad and Streets! i just think the record version is not all that great.

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 04:25:04 AM »
always is amazing

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 04:33:03 AM »
New York is one of the best live songs i have ever heard. i put it up there with Bad and Streets! i just think the record version is not all that great.
it is a great live song.edge's solo on the elevation tour was one of the highlight's of the show for me