Author Topic: And you give yourself away....  (Read 6192 times)

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: And you give yourself away....
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
Thanks for all your nice comments guys!  I was just really struck by my feelings after watching that performance and thinking about all of the negative things that have been said about the band lately.  Don't get me wrong, I also expect a lot from U2 and I expect great music because I know they are capable.  If we expected anything less then U2 wouldn't be the best band in the world!  ;)  I just felt I needed to take a moment to appreciate everything they do and all that they give us.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
Here Here, I also feel they are a comfort in more ways that one. And I just heard Boots on my local Rock Channel and its sounded great again. I want to turn it way up but I work in an office.

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
Excellent post, and much needed on these forums. Seems like everyone on here is a little cranky, demanding and has that sense of entitlement. U2 owe us more albums, less time between albums, they must do 9 shows in my city, every album must be a masterpiece, blah, blah, blah. Just because they are U2 doesn't mean they aren't human. I'm sure Bono was devestated by the death of his father, and Edge was probably dying a little each night knowing his little girl was so sick. How man of us call out sick to work when there's a little snow on the ground, or when we have a sniffle? yet we demand that U2 constantly bring us perfection. High expectations of U2 is fine, but we also have to cut them some slack. They are human beings, and therefore not perfect.