• Party Girl/Boy
human
« on: October 22, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
human by the killers is a rite tune!

tht is all

Boom Cha!

Re: human
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:41:44 AM »
When I first heard it I was dissapointed. But then it grew on me. I love that song! Now I just gotta wait for the album.....Nov. 25th....

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
s*** song, s*** band.

jdfu!

Please do a better job in the future expressing a dissenting opinion.  Thanks.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »
s*** song, s*** band.

jdfu!

Please do a better job in the future expressing a dissenting opinion.  Thanks.

How's 'bout this: when I want to hear the Psychedelic Furs, I'll play some Psychedelic Furs.  ;D

naah - this lame band got exactly the response they deserved the 1st time.

jdfu!

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:17:45 AM »
mate listen its ok not to like a band or a song but dont stop everyone else liking it.. if u dont like it then dont comment on it i dont get why yur so angry bout it. look before u leap man.
yur a negative influence

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
I really like the song. It's different but that's certainly a good thing and I'm looking forward to the new album.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »
When I first heard it I thought, what on earth is this, but after a while it did grow on me. Funny, The Killers have made a dance track. Risk taking.  ;D

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »
mate listen its ok not to like a band or a song but dont stop everyone else liking it.. if u dont like it then dont comment on it i dont get why yur so angry bout it. look before u leap man.
yur a negative influence

Agreed 100%. Seriously, hugo ... why the need to pee in someone else's corn flakes? If you see a thread where people are sharing their enjoyment of a band you don't like, ignore it. Otherwise, you come across real poorly.

As for the thread itself, I've only heard the song once. Seemed pretty good, but need to hear more...

Offline caz_87

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:11 PM »
yur a negative influence

I think people should be allowed to express their opinion if they don't like something, it's an online forum, lighten up. But I do think people should post why they dislike the song/band so much, instead of just stating they are crap.

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »
"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find out what it means to me!" ;)

Alton Dalton

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
I love The Killers, but I'm not a huge fan of this song. I think it's a very weak first single.

Looking forward to "Day and Age" though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:55:10 PM by Alton Dalton »

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 07:06:47 AM »
I haven't bothered with The Killers since the first album because hearing the singles after that it seemed like the band took a direction I didn't really like.  I guess I could give them another chance, though.

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »
In my opinion... this song sounds too much like the killers. It has no originality, and could have been either on Hot Fuss or Sam's Town and fit right in.

Like I heard it... and was seriously disappointed that it sounded SO MUCH like the Killers, that it is almost a band trying to make up a cliched killers song.

Offline JustinU2K8

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »
I love the song. I can definitely hear the U2 influence in the song, too. Don't really get the lyrics ("Are we human or are we dancer/denser?") but love the tune...one of the best I've heard from the alternative scene lately.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »
In my opinion... this song sounds too much like the killers. It has no originality, and could have been either on Hot Fuss or Sam's Town and fit right in.

Like I heard it... and was seriously disappointed that it sounded SO MUCH like the Killers, that it is almost a band trying to make up a cliched killers song.

I think this song would've been way out of place on either Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. It wouldn't have fit in with the glam filled glitz new wave that was Hot Fuss. And it wouldn't have fit on the arena rock album Sam's Town.

I agree that it sounds more like Hot Fuss than Sam's Town, but this is totally different than their first 2 albums. I happen to think it's very creative and bold to push the guitar back behind the wall of synth. It even sounds kinda futuristic in a sense.

This is all coming from a huge Killers fan, so I could be blind....