Poll

Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?

Yes
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
Re: Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »
Thank you FAYF. Let's try to debate on the actual question and not Ireland  ;)  I do hope they return to the UK this year, but I just don't see how they are going to fit it in with the new album release?

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
When do you think U2 will play any dates in the UK this year?

We know that Glastonbury is June 24th, so they could come back after their US leg for a few dates, perhaps at Wembley, but would it really be worth it? Should U2 start a brand new tour in 2012 to promote their new album, or should it be towards the end of 2011?

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:54 PM »
If 360 is a world tour, then I await the anouncement of some Asian dates.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
What won't happen, but would make perfect sense, would be to stick out the album NOW. No more excuses or billshut. If they have the songs, and they are on the road as it is, stick out the record, NLOTH is dead in the water and has been for a year. The band still have 30 or so shows to go. They're playing the songs anyway. Stick the record out, don't think too much about it, do it. Just like Zooropa. Let surprise be the oxygen of publicity. They can then disappear in July when the tour ends for a while and let the record do the work. 

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What won't happen, but would make perfect sense, would be to stick out the album NOW. No more excuses or billshut. If they have the songs, and they are on the road as it is, stick out the record, NLOTH is dead in the water and has been for a year. The band still have 30 or so shows to go. They're playing the songs anyway. Stick the record out, don't think too much about it, do it. Just like Zooropa. Let surprise be the oxygen of publicity. They can then disappear in July when the tour ends for a while and let the record do the work. 

Interesting analysis. I think it would be good if the album was released now, but they don't want to rush the songs out before Glasonbury. I think they should wait until May to release it, bang out some of the new songs in the US before heading out to Glasto' and then the record can take over when all is done and dusted  :P

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:48 AM »
Well, if the U2 camp can keep Adam's baby a secret then they can certainly keep us guessing on this. I don't think they are going to do it for some reason. If anything, I just thought they have a show or 2 in Ireland for the finale but I say more no than yes. Just a guess.

Offline dogboy

• Babyface
  • The Goal is Soul....
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »
Well, now we know.
Straight from the Edge's mouth.
No return to the UK.
Gutted

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »
We got our answer

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
Well, at least I can now vote with reasonable accuracy... :P

In all seriousness, I am obviously disappointed that I won't see my favourite band again for a few years, but I saw them four times on this tour, and one of them, Torino, will always have a special place for me. I really can't complain, and I'm thankful I got to see them at all. But I do feel bad for my friends and others who didn't get to see them in 2009 and were hoping for a return this year.

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »
It's a shame that U2 won't be coming back to the UK this year (apart from Glastobury) because I'm sure the fasn would have loved to have heard them play their new material along with their old and new classics. It is disappointing, but we still have the album to tide us over for a few months (if it EVER gets released)  :D